Banana muffins are perfect breakfast for your family if you have sweet tooth for breakfast. These muffins are egg free as well as dairy free. I have included options to make this muffins vegan.
The texture of this muffin is very light, fluffy and moist. You won’t believe that these are eggless banana muffins. It has perfect sweetness from sugar and bananas. Always use over-ripe banana while you bake with bananas. It makes baked goodies nice flavorful and sweet.
Some people like cinnamon flavor in their banana muffins. If you are one of them then add cinnamon powder. Actually I like it but dear husband is not that much fan of cinnamon, so I skipped it.
I have halved the recipe and made 6 muffins in step by step pics, but the recipe ingredients mentioned below are for dozen regular size standard muffins.
- Very ripe bananas – 4 medium
- Margarine or butter – 2 tablespoon **Notes
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar – ½ cup
- Light brown sugar – ¼ cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 ½ cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon (I skipped it)
- Walnuts – ¼ cup, toasted and chopped
- Chocolate chips – ¼ cup **Notes
- For vegan muffins, use vegan butter or replace with oil and use dairy-free chocolate chips or skip it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C for at least 10 minutes. Place the oven rack in center of the oven
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- In a bowl take all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- Take very ripe bananas.
- Mash the bananas using fork and take them in a bowl.
- Add margarine, oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Add granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix till all incorporated. Do not over mix it.
- Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Fold them in.
- Divide the batter in six muffin liners.
- Bake them in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool in a pan for 5 minutes. Then take them out on cooling rack.
- Serve warm or let it cool completely
Shelf life – once it cools completely, it can be kept in refrigerator in air tight container up to 2-3 days
Serving suggestions – serve it as a breakfast, or you can give it your kid’s lunch box. Or best as an after school snack for your kid. It can be served as a dessert too.
- Always preheat the oven for 10 minutes before baking at mentioned temperature.
- _Do not over mix the batter; otherwise you will get tough muffins.
- If you don’t have muffin liners then lightly spray muffin pan with cooking oil spray.
- Check muffins few minutes earlier that stated time and check muffins inserting toothpick and bake accordingly.
- If the toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean then muffins are done.
Take a look at the inside of eggless or vegan banana muffins. Looks nice, right?