रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Chocolate burfi recipe – two layered burfi recipe. bottom layer is plain khoya barfi while the top layer is cocoa flavored chocolate burfi.
Burfi is also spelled as as barfi or burfee. There are many different varieties in the barfi. This chocolate barfi is made from khoya, sugar, milk and cocoa powder
Anything made with chocolate is my favorite. So I have incorporated the chocolate flavor in many Indian sweets like chocolate peda, chocolate modak, chocolate pistachio rolls. I am planning to make chocolate sandesh and will share the recipe here.
It is very easy to make. Also it is very quick. Within 15 minutes, it is ready. Then you just need to let it set for few hours before you cut them into pieces.
The taste and texture of this burfi is exactly same as the one you get from halwai (store bought one). But the homemade one is sure more hygienic. I have made it organic, by using organic ingredients.
Raksha Bandhan is around the corner, so to celebrate this festival I have made it at home. You can make this on any festival or special occasions.
How to make Chocolate burfi recipe (Step by Step Photos):
PREP: Grease the pan with ghee or butter . (I used 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and set the burfi only in half of pan.)
1) Heat the mawa in a pan on medium heat.
2) It will look crumbly and starts to melt. we don’t want to cook the khoya. So don’t let it brown. So just melt.
3) Add sugar
4) also add milk.
5) Mix well and continue cooking.
6) Cook it till thickens. It will take about 4 minutes. Stir continuously. Don’t cook it for longer otherwise it will be chewy.
7) Take half of mixture in the greased pan
8) and spread in a pan evenly.
9) Add cocoa powder in other half mixture in pan.
10) Mix well.
11) Spread on top of plain burfi layer.
12) Sprinkle chopped nuts and press it lightly so nuts will stick to burfis.
13) Let it cool completely and let the burfi set. If you are in hurry pop burfi tray in refrigerator for 1 hour.
14) After it sets cut them into 9 squares using sharp knife. Remove them gently from the pan.
- You can skip the addition of cocoa powder. And make the single layered plain mawa burfi.
- Or mix the cocoa powder to the entire khoya mixture and make only chocolate burfi. No layers, just the chocolate burfi.
Storing the burfis: Store chocolate burfi in airtight container in single layer. If you want to stack them, place a parchment paper or butter paper between the layer of burfis, so they don’t stick together.It stays good for 2-3 days at room temperature. it stays good for a week in the fridge.
Serving suggestion: Serve chocolate burfi as a dessert after or along with your meal. It is usually served to the guests on the Diwali. Many give them as a gift to their relatives or friends on the occasion of Diwali or New year’s day.
Chocolate burfi recipe (How to make chocolate burfi recipe)
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 cups Khoya (Mawa)
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Almonds chopped, for garnishing
- Grease the pan with ghee or butter .
- Heat the mawa in a pan on medium heat.
- It will look crumbly and starts to melt. we don’t want to cook the khoya. So don’t let it brown. So just melt.
- Add sugar and milk.
- Mix well and continue cooking.
- Cook it till thickens. It will take about 4 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Turn off the stove.
- Take half of mixture in the greased pan and spread in a pan evenly.
- Add cocoa powder in other half mixture in pan. Mix well.
- Spread on top of plain burfi layer.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and press it lightly so nuts will stick to burfis.
- Let it cool completely and let the burfi set.
- After it sets cut them into 9 squares using sharp knife.
- Remove them gently from the pan.