रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Chocolate sauce recipe or Chocolate syrup recipe whatever you call, it is very easy to make at home. It takes only few minutes.
Making homemade chocolate sauce is not only economical but also free from any preservatives or artificial flavors. Are you buying the store bought chocolate syrup bottles? Stop from now on and make it yourself.
So next time when your kid asks for chocolate milk, simply mix a tablespoon of this homemade syrup with a glass of milk. Voila, delicious chocolate milk is ready.
Here I have used Hershey’s cocoa powder. You can use any brand of powder, but make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder.
I have made a small batch of it. But of course you can double, triple the recipe as needed.
How to make Chocolate Sauce Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take cocoa powder, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2) Add milk and vanilla extract.
3) Stir well to combine and make sure there are no lumps.
4) Now turn the heat on medium-low. Keep cooking and keep stirring constantly. As soon as heats up and within a minute, it will thicken up and gets darker in color. Once it becomes thick (coat the spoon), turn off the stove and let it cool down.
As it cools it gets little more thick, so always keep little thin at above step.
Store in airtight container and keep in refrigerator.
Serving suggestion: Drizzle the chocolate sauce on top of vanilla ice cream, cake, brownies. This chocolate syrup can be used in making chocolate milkshake. Or just garnish on top of milkshake, cold coffee or smoothies.
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons White granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Corn flour (corn starch)
- ¼ cup Milk or Water
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract optional
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and make lump-free mixture.
Now heat the mixture over medium-low heat and keep stirring constantly.
Cook till it becomes thick (within a minute or two) and then turn off the stove.
Let it cool completely then store in a container.