Dry version of garlic chutney is made from garlic, coconut and red chili powder. Coconut gives nice nutty flavor to the chutney. It is used in so many chaat recipes. Recently I used this garlic chutney in vada pav. It has bright red color because of the red chili powder. You can adjust the amount of chili powder as per your liking spiciness.
Here’s the handy dandy printable:
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves – ⅓ cup
- Desiccated coconut – ¼ cup
- Red chili powder – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Heat the oil in pan on medium heat.
- Once hot add garlic cloves and sauté them till lightly brown.
- Then add desiccated coconut and sauté them till coconut become lightly golden.
- Let it cool little bit.
- Add garlic and coconut mixture in food processor. Add red chili powder and salt.
- Pulse it till mixture is grinded and become crumbly. (if you are using mixer then do not use any water.)