Guacamole recipe – It is Mexican dip recipe that is usually served with crispy tortilla chips.
- 1 medium Ripe avocado
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper crushed, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Onion chopped finely
- ¼ cup Tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1 ½ tablespoons Lemon juice I always like extra lemon juice
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed.
- To scoop out the from the peel: using the knife, cut into pieces.
- Now use the spoon to remove these avocado pieces.
- Remove it to a bowl and do the same with another flash.
- Using the fork, mash the avocado roughly and keep it chunky.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, tomato, cilantro and green chili.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well. It is ready to serve.
First time I tried it was when I came here in USA first time and we went to the Mexican restaurant. I really liked it and thought of making it at home.
I searched for the recipe, bought avocado. As soon as I get home from food shopping, I cut the avocado and tasted a piece. I didn’t liked the taste of it, it was bland for me. Still I made guacamole and it was tasting ok.. but not
First I thought the recipe is not good and I looked for another recipe. During that search I read about the avocado and I came to know that It has to be ripe, soft to touch. So the next time I kept it on the countertop and let it ripe for few days, after I made again and it was just delicious and perfect. From then I made it many time.
To make the perfect Guacamole recipe, always use ripe avocado. To check the ripeness, gently press the outside, it feels soft then it is good to use. If it is hard, it won’t taste good at all. If it is too soft then it is overripe, not good as well. So always check before making it.
The good thing about the this recipe is that it takes only 10 minutes from chopping veggies to mixing together. And not forget, such a healthy dip compare to the one made from cheese.
Addition of lemon juice does two things in this dip recipe: 1) it prevents the avocado from browning means prevents the oxidation from the air. 2) acidity from the lemon juice cuts the richness of the avocado and makes it more flavorful
How to make guacamole recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed. To scoop out the from the peel: using the knife, cut into pieces.
2) Now use the spoon to remove these avocado pieces.
3) Remove it to a bowl and do the same with another flash.
4) Using the fork, mash the avocado. Do not over mash it otherwise it becomes paste like. Guacamole should be little chunky.
5) Add salt, pepper, onion, tomato, cilantro and green chili.
6) Add lemon juice.
7) Mix well. It is ready to serve.
8) Remove it to a bowl and serve or Cover it with plastic wrap, keep refrigerated until serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve with some tortilla chips. Or use in the recipe like guacamole sandwich.