Kulfi Recipe – This one is QUICk to make instant kulfi recipe where no cooking is required. Just mix the ingredients that will take only 10 minutes. Pour into moulds and let the freezer do its job.
The traditional method of making it requires some time and attention. In that you need to reduce the milk slowly on stove top and then khoya and/or cream is added for some more richness. I have already shared that malai kulfi recipe.
But today’s recipe is no cook kulfi version. So how do we get the creamy texture with bite/chew of milk solids here?
This kulfi is made with sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. These two adds creamy and rich taste to this Instant kulfi.
You know that when it is made by boiling the milk, it has those milk solids specs (fat). And once get frozen and when you eat, you will have those bite or chew of malai/fat. To resemble that texture, I have added fresh bread crumbs. And the end result was just PERFECT.
It has everything that you are looking from a perfect kulfi recipe – right amount of sweetness, richness and flavor.
Even though this is Instant, no cook kulfi recipe with condensed milk, there are NO ice crystals present. Now this is another good plus point.
So what are you waiting for? Try this kulfi recipe at home for this summer and enjoy. Make this for your loved ones or guests. They might think that you have done good efforts. But only we both know the secret that it took you just few minutes.
How to make Kulfi Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take two bread slices, cut the edges using knife or scissor. Discard the edges.
2) Break the slices into pieces and take into the grinder.
3) Run the the mixer to get fresh breadcrumbs. Keep it aside.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve the saffron in a tablespoon of warm milk.
5) In a large bowl, take milk.
6) Add heavy whipping cream.
7) Then add condensed milk.
8) Whisk very well till everything is incorporated well.
9) Now add saffron milk.
10) Then rose water.
11) Followed by cardamom seeds powder.
12) Lastly add bread crumbs and chopped nuts.
13) Mix everything well.
14) Pour into the moulds. (I have transferred the mixture into a large cup so it will be easy to pour into the moulds without making mess.)
Cover the moulds and freeze for 6-8 hours or till frozen and set. Once it is set or frozen, it is time to serve. To remove it from the mould, dip it into warm water for 1-2 seconds only, it will come out very easily. Alternately, rub it between your palms. From the heat of the palm, side will get loose and will come out from the mould.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy as a dessert or have anytime of the day whenever you are craving for. Or make kulfi falooda (my favorite).
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 slices Bread (preferably white bread)
- 4-5 strands saffron (crushed)
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- ¾ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz or 200 grams or ½ cup + 2 tablespoons or ½ can Sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon Green cardamom seeds powder
- 1 tablespoons Rose water
- 5-6 Almonds chopped finely
- 5-6 Pistachios chopped finely
- Cut and discard the edges of the bread and grind the bread into mixer to get the fresh bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the crushed saffron with a tablespoon of warm milk.
- In a large bowl mix everything (milk, cream, condensed milk, saffron milk, cardamom seeds powder, rose water, bread crumbs and nuts).
Mix everything well and pour into moulds.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or till set and frozen.