रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Mango kulfi recipe – easy to make kulfi recipe with mango flavor.
As the summer starts, mangoes are in the season. As being mango lover, I love to make different recipes with mangoes or like to eat as such. This time I made mango kulfi recipe. Before this I made malai kulfi and the results were so good. So Next I planned to make the kulfi with mangoes.
This mango kulfi has full of mango flavor, creamy and rich. I have used vanilla flavored custard powder to thicken the milk. It adds different flavor to the kulfi. this flavor complements well with mango flavor.
While making the mango kulfis, always use good quality mangoes like alphonso or kesar. Here in USA, I don’t get any of this variety, So I have used champagne mangoes (a mexican fruit). Alternately you can use ready made canned mango pulp.
Adjust the sugar quantity, as per the sweetness of the mangoes.
If you are not familiar with kulfi, it is frozen Indian dessert. It is made by thickening the milk slowly. Then sweetened with sugar and flavored with your choice. Then need to set in the kulfi moulds in freezer overnight.
The texture of the kulfi is dense, not like the ice creams. Ice creams are whipped and frozen. But kulfis are not whipped, so It is dense yet melt in your mouth.
How to make mango kulfi recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Turn the heat on medium.
2) Bring the milk to a boil. Do stir frequently. Make sure it is not sticking to the bottom and sides of the pan. Stay nearby, milk may overflow. So be careful.
3) Meanwhile milk comes to boil, Take remaining ¼ cup of milk in a bowl. add custard powder to it.
4) Mix well, so there are no lumps. Don’t forget the milk, keep stirring occasionally.
5) Also crumble or grate the khoya. and keep it aside.
6) Once it come to a boil, make the heat to medium-low. Let it cook with stirring occasionally till it becomes half of original volume. It took me about 25-30 minutes.
7) Now add sugar, mix well.
8) Also add prepared custard powder paste.
9) Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes with stirring continuously.
10) Keep an eye on it, milk will thicken very quickly.
11) Then add khoya.
12) Mix well and cook till khoya is melted. The milk mixture is very thick and it will coat the spatula. Turn off the stove.
13) Let it cool completely. As it cools, milk will thicken more. A film will be formed on top, as you can see here.
14) Use wire whisk, mix it well and break all the lumps.
15) add heavy cream.
16) whisk it well till incorporated well.
17) Then add mango puree.
18) Mix well.
19) Pour into kulfi moulds or popsicle molds. Alternately you can use kullad or shot glasses or small plastic cups.
20) Cover with the lid or aluminium foil. It must be covered, so ice crystals will not form on top. Freeze in overnight or till it is set.
Once it is set or frozen, it is time to serve. To remove the kulfi from the mould, dip it into warm water for 1-2 seconds only, it will come out very easily. Alternately, rub it between your palms. From the heat of the palm, side will get loose and will come out from the glass or mould.
Garnish with some chopped pistachios or almonds. Many like to slice it and serve just like restaurant or stall one.
Serving suggestion: Serve kulfi as a dessert. Or enjoy it anytime you are craving for.
- It is crucial to stir the milk and also scrap the sides and bottom of the pan. If doing so, you are preventing the milk from burning. If milk burns, it tastes really bad.
- Let the milk mixture cool completely, then add mango puree. So the mango flavors stays fresh.
- I like plain mango kulfi, so I have not added any nuts. If you want go ahead and add chopped pistachios or almonds or cashews.
Mango kulfi recipe (How to make mango kulfi recipe)
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 4 + ¼ cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons Custard powder
- ¼ cup Khoya (Mawa)
- ¼ to 1/3 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Mango pulp or puree
Making mango kulfi recipe:
Bring 4 cups of milk to a boil in a heavy bottom pan.
Meanwhile mix remaining ¼ cup of milk and custard powder to make lump free paste. Keep it aside.
Also crumble or grate the khoya and keep it aside.
Once milk comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium-low and let it simmer with stirring occasionally till it becomes half of original volume. It took me about 25-30 minutes.
Now mix in sugar and custard powder paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes with stirring constantly or till it gets thciken.
Then mix in khoya and cook till it is melted.
Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool completely.
As it cools, milk will thicken more and a film will be formed on top. Use wire whisk, beat it well and break all the lumps.
add heavy cream and mango pulp, mix till it is well combined.
Pour into kulfi moulds or popsicle molds, cover with lid or plastic wrap. Let it set into freezer for overnight or 6-8 hours or till it is set and frozen.
When ready to eat or serve, remove from the freezer and mould, serve right away before it gets melted.