Creamy, naturally sweet and fruity mango popsicles recipe made with 4 ingredients only – fresh ripe mangoes, honey, coconut milk and mint leaves.
Mango Popsicles Recipe
- 1 large or 2 cups Mangoes chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Mint leaves finely shredded or chopped
Making mango popsicles recipe:
- Wash and peel the mangoes, Roughly chop them and remove the pit.
- Take that into the blender.
- Add honey and coconut milk.
- Blend it till everything smooth and pureed.
- Now add chopped mint leaves.
- Stir it with spoon or spatula.
- Pour this mixture into the large measuring cup.
- Divide into the popsicle moulds. Tap lightly on the countertop to remove the air bubbles.
- Gently insert the popsicle sticks or in my case mould’s lid that comes with stick.
- Freeze for few hours or until completely set and frozen.
- Once set, remove it from the freezer, run the warm tap water over it for couple of seconds and it will easily slide out from the mould.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving (1 popsicle)
In India mango season is about to end or almost at the end. You may want to save this recipe for next season or make it right now if you have mangoes availables. Here in USA, I still get good mangoes and I made these delicious, refreshing popsicles.
This mango pops are super healthy (because it is naturally sweetened from ripe mangoes and honey) and the bite of mint leaves shred makes it super refreshing.
Summer is the season when I crave for anything chilled or cold whether it’s morning, afternoon, evening or night. In the mornings, I go for smoothies – my favorite is strawberry mango smoothie.
Back to these pops, addition of coconut milk makes it creamy. As I said earlier, you can use yogurt instead. If yogurt is added then it tastes similar to mango lassi, yummm!!!
Honey!! Much much better option than sugar. One more benefit is that honey does not freeze. Meaning it prevents crystallization in the frozen desserts, so frozen popsicle will have smooth texture.
This recipe is super easy to make and requires only 10 minutes then rest of the work is done by freezer.
How to make mango popsicles recipe:
1) Wash and peel the mangoes, Roughly chop them and remove the pit. Take that into the blender.
2) Add honey. Instead of honey you can add sugar or maple syrup.
3) Add coconut milk. For different taste and variation, you can try substituting coconut milk with yogurt or almond milk.
4) Blend it till everything smooth and pureed.
5) Now add chopped mint leaves.
6) Stir it with spoon or spatula. Do not blend it because we need stands of mint leaves in the popsicle, not pureed.
7) Pour the the popsicle mixture into the large measuring cup.
8) Divide into the popsicle moulds. Tap lightly on the countertop to remove the air bubbles. Gently insert the popsicle sticks or in my case mould’s lid that comes with stick. Freeze for few hours or until completely set and frozen.
Once set, remove it from the freezer, run the warm tap water over it for couple of seconds and popsicle will easily slide out from the mould. Enjoy!!
Serving suggestion: Enjoy this mango coconut popsicles whenever you are craving for. Perfect, healthy dessert for hot/warm summer days.