रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Mint raita recipe (Pudina raita) – flavorful, refreshing and cooling raita recipe made from yogurt, mint leaves and usual spices. Perfect raita recipe for summer season.
Mint Raita recipe (Pudina raita recipe)
- ½ cup Mint leaves loosely packed
- 1 small Green chili
- 1 ½ cups Plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar optional
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
Making mint raita recipe:
- Take mint leaves and green chili into the blender or grinder.
- Add couple of spoons of yogurt and make smooth paste out of it.
- Take yogurt in a bowl. And whisk well.
- Now add prepared green paste. Mix well.
- Now add all the spices along with salt and sugar. Again mix well till everything is incorporated well.
- Also add chopped onions. Stir well.
I have added chopped red onions here to give some texture and taste in the raita. And spices I have used are common raita spices that you might find in every raita recipe.
Just for a variation, try adding ½ cup of cilantro leaves in below recipe while grinding. You will have delicious coriander mint raita.
This is one of my favorite raita recipes. You will find many different raita recipes here on the blog as I like having raita whenever I make any pulao or biryani. And this time I made this Raita to go with Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani.
I know that monsoon has been already started in India. But summer is still here in USA. And you might know that I have beautiful tons of mint growing in my front garden. I have used some for making mint juice and then I thought of making this raita.
How to make mint raita recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take mint leaves and green chili into the blender or grinder. Add couple of spoons of yogurt and make smooth paste out of it.
2) Take yogurt in a bowl. And whisk well. Now add prepared green paste.
3) Mix well.
4) Now add all the spices (black salt, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder) along with salt and sugar. Again mix well till everything is incorporated well.
5) Also add chopped onions.
6) Stir well. Raita is ready to serve.
If you have used chilled yogurt then you can serve right away. If not using chilled yogurt then keep in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to chill and then serve.