Mushroom Manchurian Recipe – Just like any other dry manchurian recipes, here crispy fried mushrooms are coated with thick, sweet, sour, spicy indo-chinese sauce.
Since this is mushroom manchurian dry recipe, this is usually served as a starter or snack. But I have seen one of my friends who likes to have it on side with noodles or rice. So it is personal preference.
Mushrooms are my favorite and so this manchurian is. If you mushroom lover like me, I am sure you will like this.
I have already mentioned in gobi manchurian dry recipe that to maintain their crispy texture, you need to let the sauce cool down for some time (approx 2 minutes). Then add fried mushrooms or gobi. So it stays crispy for sometime. But eventually it will get soggy. So it should be served right away.
How to make Mushroom Manchurian Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) To make batter, take all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, pepper, ginger paste and garlic paste in a bowl.
2) Add water and make smooth, lump free batter.
3) Now heat the oil on medium heat for deep frying. Once oil is hot, take mushroom pieces and dip, coat them one by one and add into the hot oil.
4) Fry them till they are golden brown and crispy from all sides. Keep moving them in between for even browning. While frying, as mushrooms get cooked, they leave their own water. So in the oil you get more bubbly sound during frying. That is normal.
5) Once crispy and fried remove them using slotted spatula.
6) Keep them on paper towel lined plate and repeat the same frying for rest.
7) Now to make thick sauce, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add chopped ginger, garlic and green chili.
8) Saute for 20-30 seconds. Make sure not to burn the ginger garlic.
9) Now add chopped onion and capsicum.
10) Mix and cook till they are soft and onions get translucent or light pink in color.
11) Add salt, pepper and red chili flakes. Mix well.
12) Add soy sauce.
13) Then add ketchup.
14) Also add red chili sauce
15) And lastly add vinegar.
16) Mix well and let the mixture come to a boil.
17) Turn off the stove and let it cool for 2 minutes. Then add fried mushrooms and spring onion greens. We are cooling the sauce before adding mushrooms, so they stays crispy for some time.
18) Mix everything well so sauce is coated evenly.
Remove it to a serving plate and garnish with more spring onion greens.
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 175 grams or or 1 ½ to 2 cups Mushrooms ,cut into half or quarter depending on the size
- 2 tablespoons All purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 tablespoons Corn flour (corn starch)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- ½ teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- ⅓ cup Water
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 teaspoons Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Green chili , finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion , finely chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoon Chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon White distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Spring onion (green onion or scallion) , green part finely chopped
Clean and cut the mushrooms in half or quarter depending on the size of mushrooms.
Take all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, pepper, ginger paste and garlic paste in a bowl. And make smooth batter by adding water.
Now heat the oil for deep frying on medium heat.
Once oil is hot, dip the mushroom in the batter one by one and add into the hot oil. Do fry them in batches.
Fry till they are crispy and golden brown from all the sides.
Remove and keep on paper towel lined plate.
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot saute ginger, garlic and green chili for few seconds without burning them.
Then mix in onion and capsicum, cook till they are soft.
Now mix in salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
Now add soy sauce, ketchup, red chili sauce and vinegar. Stir to combine and let it come to a boil.
Then turn off the stove and cool for 2 minutes only. Then add fried mushrooms, spring onion greens and mix.
It is ready to serve.