Oreo milkshake recipe – Insanely easy to make milkshake with only 4 ingredients and ready in 10 minutes.
Who doesn’t like oreo cookies? Especially kids love them. If you are one of those oreo lovers, I am sure you will enjoy this milkshake.
During the summer season, kids will love this. But it has ice cream in it so it is loaded with calories. So make it occasionally for them.
Personally I do not like to eat oreo cookies as such. Just because they are too sweet for my preference. The inside cream is really sweet compared to the cookies. So to make this oreo milkshake to my liking, I have removed the cream from few cookies and used only cookies for making milkshake. This is the personal preference though, If you prefer sweeter milkshake then no need to remove the cream.
This oreo milkshake is thick, creamy, chocolaty and delicious.
The trick to make the thick milkshake is that you don’t over blend the milkshake. Blend it or pulse it till well blended. Over blending will melt the ice cream and makes thin consistency.
How to make oreo milkshake recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Slit open the oreo cookies. Here I have used mini oreos.
2) Remove the inside cream from 2 oreo cookies. I prefer my milkshake just sweet, so I have removed and discarded the inside filling from some of the cookies. If you like more sweet then you can keep it.
3) Take the cookies into the blender.
4) Add milk.
5) Also add vanilla ice cream.
6) Pulse it or blend it till everything is smooth and well blended. Do not over blend it otherwise ice cream will melt and you will have thinner milkshake.
7) I have used chocolate syrup and drizzled over the inside surface of the glass.
8) This step is optional though. Instead you can add the chocolate syrup into milkshake and blend it along with rest.
9) Pour the milkshake into the glass.
10) Garnish with crushed oreo cookie. Just for the photo purpose I have done it, otherwise I would skip it.
Serve the oreo milkshake with straw. Enjoy!!
Serving suggestion: Enjoy it whenever you are craving for. Perfect for summer season.
- Instead of vanilla ice cream, try with chocolate ice cream for more chocolaty taste.
- You can make it more chocolaty by adding a teaspoon of cocoa powder with vanilla ice cream.
- To make it more indulging, you can top it with whipped cream or store bought cool whip topping.
Oreo milkshake recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 3 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Ice cream Vanilla flavor
- 2-3 teaspoons Chocolate sauce to decorate the glass, optional
- Slit open the oreo cookies.
- Remove the inside cream from 2 oreo cookies.
- Take the cookies into the blender. Add milk.
- Also add vanilla ice cream.
- Pulse it or blend it till everything is smooth and well blended.
- Do not over blend it otherwise ice cream will melt and you will have thinner milkshake.
- I have used chocolate syrup and drizzled over the inside surface of the glass.
- This step is optional though. Instead you can add the chocolate syrup into milkshake and blend it along with rest.
- Pour the milkshake into the glass.
- Garnish with crushed oreo cookie and serve.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving