Paneer Makhani is most popular North Indian dish which we order at restaurants. But now you can make this at home very easily. Earlier I shared how to make Kadai paneer – Restaurant style. I used canned tomato sauce for color and tangy flavor. It is made in butter as its name says makhani. it has very rich and creamy gravy. This is not the dish that you want to eat on everyday basis. This curry is perfect for parties or treat your family once in a while.
Paneer Makhani (Paneer Butter Masala)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 200 grams or 7 oz Paneer cubed
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 15 oz Tomato sauce can
- ¼ cup Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 2 teaspoons Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cumin power
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream (Malai)
- ¾ cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Soak Kasoori methi in some water for 5 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot add tomato sauce.
- Add red chili powder, cumin powder, sugar, salt and Kasoori methi. Mix well.
- Partially cover the pan. Cook for 15 minutes or till butter starts to separate from sides. Stir in between.
- Add paneer. Mix well.
- Add heavy cream and water. Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Let it melt and mix well.
- Turn off the stove and serve hot.
- Red chili powder amount is to taste.
- Check your tomato sauce that it is salted or not. Add salt accordingly.
- You can adjust the water amount as per you liking gravy consistency.
- Serve with
1. Roti or paratha or naan
Sliced onions with few lemon drops
Buttermilk on side
2. Or with rice