रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Peda recipe – this is an instant version of making doodh peda or milk peda. This is made with sweetened condensed milk.
Peda Recipe (Milk peda or Doodh peda recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons Full fat Milk powder
- 7 oz or 200 grams or ½ cup + 2 tablespoons or ½ can Sweetened Condensed milk
- few strands Saffron
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- ⅛ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Take milk and saffron in small bowl.
- Warm it up in the microwave for few seconds. Now rub it between the fingers. Keep it aside till needed.
- take butter in microwave safe bowl. Melt it in the microwave. It may take only 5-10 seconds.
- Now add milk powder and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix well using spatula till everything is mixed well.
- Now microwave it for 1 minute. Remove it and stir.
- Again microwave it for another 1 minute.
- Now add saffron infused milk and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Again cook for 1 minute.
- Mix well and keep it aside to cool down.
- It should be cooled to touch. grease your palm with little ghee and start shaping them.
- Shape till all the mixture is finished and arrange them on the plate.
For your reference - my microwave has 1400 watt power. So adjust the cooking time as per your microwave power.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving (~2 peda)
Check out other Indian dessert recipes using condensed milk
Rice kheer with condensed milk
Coconut ladoo with condensed milk
Gajar ka halwa with condensed milk
Rava ladoo with condensed milk
Walnut burfi with condensed milk
I have made the whole recipe in the microwave. So it takes only 3-4 minutes from start to finish. I have also mentioned the stove top method as well. you can choose any, as per your convenience and preference.
Right now you will find this condensed milk peda recipe all over the web. Many bloggers are sharing and I am also one of them.
Other than condensed milk, this recipe calls for full fat milk powder and butter. For the better flavor and taste, please use full fat milk powder. In USA, we get only nonfat milk powder in America grocery stores. You will find full fat one in Indian grocery store. It is also labeled as mawa powder.
This is the popular and traditional sweet recipe from India. It is usually made from the khoya or mawa. I have already made the chocolate peda using khoya. But today, I have shared the quick version which uses the condensed milk instead of khoya.
This is flavored with saffron and cardamom powder.
How to make Peda recipe (Step by Step Photos):
For your reference – my microwave has 1400 watt power. So adjust the cooking time as per your microwave power.
1) Take milk and saffron in small bowl.
2) Warm it up in the microwave for few seconds. Now rub it between the fingers, so it gets nice yellow color. Keep it aside till needed.
3) take butter in microwave safe bowl.
4) Melt it in the microwave. It may take only 5-10 seconds.
5) Now add milk powder.
6) Also add sweetened condensed milk.
7) Mix well using spatula till everything is mixed well.
8) Now microwave it for 1 minute. Remove it and stir.
9) Again microwave it for another 1 minute.
10) Now add saffron infused milk and cardamom powder.
11) Mix well.
12) Again cook for 1 minute.
13) Mix well and keep it aside to cool down.
14) It should be cooled to touch. grease your palm with little ghee and start shaping the peda.
15) Shape till all the mixture is finished and arrange them on the plate.
16) If you any peda stamp to make design on top then use that. Or you can garnish it with chopped almonds or pistachios.
we are only two (I and hubby) at home, So i have made with only ½ of can of condensed milk. But you can double or triple the recipe as needed. if so you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Storing the peda: It stays good for 3-4 days in airtight container in the fridge. Make sure to store in single layer in the container. If you are stacking them on top of each other, then make sure to line a parchment paper between them to avoid sticking.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy this doodh peda any time of the day whenever you are craving for something sweet. In many religious pooja, it is offered to god as a prasad and then to the devotees. During the diwali or any other occasion or festival, you can give it away to your relatives or friends. If giving someone as a gift, do pack them in decorative box. It will look good.
Stove top method of making peda:
- Mix all the ingredients except cardamom powder in a pan. All the ingredients means, melted butter, milk powder, condensed milk, saffron. Please use the nonstick pan.
- Cook this on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes or till the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan. do stir continuously to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Remove it to a plate and let it cool to touch and then shape into peda.