Pomegranate juice recipe – Healthy, fresh fruit juice made in blender very easily. That is right, you do not require juicer.
Recently I bought a huge pack of pomegranates from the wholesale store. We enjoy eating them as such just like many other fruits. But we do love fruit juices too. So I have made this during the weekends.
Earlier I was not fan of fruit juices. I would rather prefer to eat fruits whole. But in past one and half year our diet has been changed because of family member’s health issue. Since then we have included the fruit juices heavily in our diet. That is the reason you find many juice recipes on the blog.
I would never prefer the store bought bottles since they may have added preservatives or sugar. Also my grandmom always said that once you cut or open the fruit it must be consumed fresh within a day.
So I always prefer to make this pomegranate juice at home.
My pomegranate was sweet enough, so I have not added any sugar or honey. Taste yours and add accordingly.
- 1 large or 2 cups Pomegranate arils
- 1 ½ cups Chilled water
- Black salt (Kala namak) to taste, optional
- Take pomegranate arils into the grinder jar. Add chilled water.
- Start blending by using pulse button. Do not overblend,
- Now using strainer, strain the juice.
- Using back or the spoon or spatula, keep pressing till all the juice is collected into the bowl.
- You can skim off the foam from the top. This step is optional.
- If you want you can add pinch of black salt in the juice and stir.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
How to make pomegranate juice recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take seeds into the grinder jar.
2) Add chilled water.
3) Start blending. Do not blend in the one go, use pulse button. Do not overblend, otherwise the seeds will make the juice slightly bitter.
4) Now using strainer, strain the juice.
5) Using back or the spoon or spatula, keep pressing till all the juice is collected into the bowl.
6) You can skim off the foam from the top. This step is optional. If you want you can add pinch of black salt in the juice and stir.
Pour into serving glasses. If needed you can add few ice cubes.
- You can sun dry the seeds and make powder. Use that whenever recipe calls for anardana powder aka dried pomegranate powder.
- Or you can sprinkle sugar on top and eat as such. These seeds are nutritious, you shouldn’t waste them.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy it any time of the day. Good to have it along with your breakfast.