This is healthy and tasty snack recipe. Boiled potatoes are sautéed with three color bell pepper (green, yellow, red). Chaat masala, ketchup and tamarind paste gives nice flavor to the dish. Three color bell pepper give nice colorful dish. This is perfect as a afternoon snack. Or you can serve it as an appetizer.
Here’s the handy dandy printable:
Potato chaat recipe
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 small Potatoes boiled and cubed
- ½ medium Onion chopped in cubes
- ½ medium Capsicum (Green bell pepper) chopped in cubes
- ½ medium Red pepper chopped in cubes
- ½ medium Yellow pepper chopped in cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- ¼ tablespoon Tamarind paste If you are using concentrated tamarind pulp then reduce the amount
- ½ tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely for garnishing
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot add boiled and cubed potatoes. Sauté them till lightly brown about 4 minutes stirring in between. Take them out in a plate.
- In a same pan add remaining ½ tablespoon of oil.
- Once hot add onions and all bell pepper. Crank the heat high and sauté them for 4-5 minutes like we do in Chinese food. We need crunchy vegetables.
- Add potatoes and mix gently.
- Add chaat masala, red chili powder and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add tomato ketchup, tamarind paste and lemon juice. Mix well. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.