This subzi is dry version of potatoes. Potatoes are deep fried and sauté in spices. For healthier version you can use boiled potatoes but I don’t like the taste of boiled potatoes in particular this subzi. Cashew nuts are added for crunch. And sesame seeds give nice addition of flavors. So get in your kitchen and make this potato chips subzi. I am sure you will love this.
Here’s the handy dandy printable:
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 3 cups Potatoes cut into chips
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 3 tablespoons Cashew nuts chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, deep fry the potato chips in two batches until they are light golden brown. It will take 6 minutes for each batch. Take them out on paper lined dish when done.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Once hot add cashew nuts and sauté them for 1 minute or until they are light brown.
- Add sesame seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric powder, sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add fried chips, salt, chili powder, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well. Cook it for 1 minute. Turn of the heat. Serve hot.
- If not serving right away then do not cover it while it is hot otherwise the steam will make the potatoes soggy.
Serve with: Roti or paratha Your choice of salad on side