No one needs introduction to strawberry milkshake. Usually milkshakes recipes are very simple just add all ingredients in the blender and blend it. But this time I made little different way. I followed the recipe of Bobby Flay – one of my favorite chefs. I marinated strawberries in vanilla extract and sugar for 30 minutes. So this way all the flavors get time to get mingle. And at the end, shake was very delicious with strawberry and vanilla flavor.
I know in some part of the world, strawberries are not available in this season. But about a week back, there were very fresh, organic strawberries available in farmer’s market. And I bought it immediately. As dear husband likes to eat it as such so I made strawberry milkshake using only half of the strawberries. It was very refreshing when we had this on hot afternoon.
Sugar quantity will depend on your strawberries’ sweetness. So adjust it accordingly.
Also addition of ice cream is totally optional. You can skip it to make it healthy. Only difference is that milkshake will be little thin and less creamier if you skip ice cream. I have added because I like creamy and thick milkshake.
- Strawberries – ½ pound (2 cups), stems removed and chopped
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ice cream – 2 scoops **Notes
- Ice cream – It is optional. I have used vanilla ice cream. But you can use strawberry ice cream for more strawberry flavor. Or even you can skip it.
- Take chopped strawberries, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix it well.
- And keep it aside for at least 30 minutes and let the flavors get mingle.
- Now take marinated strawberries in the blender. Add milk and ice cream (if using).
- Blend it till smooth and serve it in glass immediately.
Shelf life – Really, do you have leftover? Why would anyone store, it tastes best when served immediately.
Serving suggestions – it can be served as an afternoon beverage or as a dessert. Serve it as a welcome drink to your guests for parties.
Strawberry milkshake is ready to serve. If you had fresh strawberries then don’t forget to make this yummy shake on this hot summer.