Strawberry milkshake recipe – A milkshake made with fresh strawberries, cow’s milk, a scoop of ice cream and a dash of vanilla extract.
I know in some part of the world strawberries are not available in this season right now. But about a week back, there were very fresh organic strawberries available in farmer’s market. And I bought it immediately. As hubby likes to eat it as such. So I made strawberry milkshake using only half of the strawberries. and rest of the half box went into hubby’s tummy.
This strawberry milkshake is refreshing drink that will recharge your energy level. The color of the milkshake is very attractive, so kids will love it. You can have it as a breakfast or enjoy anytime of the day.
Usually making milkshake is very easy. Just dump all the ingredients in the blender and blend it till smooth. But for this strawberry milkshake recipe, I marinated the strawberries with pure vanilla extract and sugar for 30 minutes. So this way all the flavors get some time to mingle. Hence the end result it just fantastic and delicious.
I have added a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It makes it creamy and thick. For the healthy reason, you can skip the ice cream.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Strawberries – ½ pound (2 cups), stems removed and chopped
Sugar – 1 tablespoon or to taste
Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Milk – 1 cup
Ice cream – 2 scoops, optional
How to make strawberry milkshake (Step by step recipe with photos):
1) Take chopped strawberries, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix it well.
2) And keep it aside for at least 30 minutes and let the flavors get mingle. Keep it refrigerated for 30 minutes. If you are in rush, skip this step.
3) Now take marinated strawberries in the blender. Add milk and ice cream(if using).
4) Blend it till smooth and serve it in glass immediately.
Do you like to eat strawberries as such or like to make recipes?
Taste: sweet, creamy and refreshing
Shelf life: Really, do you have leftover? Why would anyone store, it tastes best when served immediately.
Serving suggestions: it can be served as as a breakfast or afternoon drink during summer. Serve it as a welcome drink to your guests for parties.
Sugar quantity will depend on the sweetness of the strawberries. So adjust it accordingly.
You can skip marinating process. It tastes as good without it.
Instead of vanilla ice cream, you can use strawberry ice cream to get more strawberry flavor.
You can skip the ice cream entirely in this milkshake. It will be less creamier, but still it will taste good.
Strawberry Milkshake Recipe (Printable):
- Strawberries – ½ pound (2 cups), stems removed and chopped
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ice cream – 2 scoops, optional
- Take chopped strawberries, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix it well.
- And keep it aside for at least 30 minutes and let the flavors get mingle.
- Now take marinated strawberries in the blender. Add milk and ice cream(if using).
- Blend it till smooth and serve it in glass immediately.