Tahini Sauce Recipe – Perfect dipping sauce for falafel or drizzle over the falafel sandwiches.
This tahini sauce is made from tahini paste aka sesame paste with addition of couple more ingredients. And those are lemon juice and garlic.
If you have tahini ready, it will take 5 minutes only. Just mix all the ingredients and sauce is ready to serve. Here I have used homemade tahini, but you can sure go for store bought one for quicker option.
The water is added to make saucy consistency. Adjust the amount of water as needed. If using to spread on sandwich or pita bread then keep little thick. If using as a salad dressing then keep it runny and slightly thin.
It has slight punch of garlic with nice tangy lemony flavor. This lemon cuts down the richness and slight bitterness of tahini.
at home we love this sipping sauce other than hummus.
How to make tahini sauce recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take tahini paste in a bowl. Add salt and crushed garlic.
2) Now squeeze the fresh lemon juice.
3) You will need good amount of juice to cut down the richness and faint bitterness of the tahini.
4) Now mix using spoon and it will turn into very thick paste.
5) Now add water.
6) Mix again and it will be creamy, smooth and runny. Adjust the water quantity as per your desired sauce consistency.
Remove it to a serving bowl. Garnish with parsley leaf and serve. If you like you can mix in a tablespoon of chopped parsley in the sauce.
Serving suggestion: Serve this as a dipping sauce with falafel or pita bread, pita chips or drizzle over the falafel sandwich or spread into the burger or sandwiches.
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ¼ cup Tahini
- Salt to taste
- 1 large clove Garlic crushed or grated
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Water
Take tahini paste in a bowl. Add salt and crushed garlic.
Now squeeze the fresh lemon juice.
Now mix using spoon and it will turn into very thick paste.
Now add water. Mix again and it will be creamy, smooth and runny.
Remove it to a serving bowl.