Pineapple raita recipe - refreshing, sweet and spicy raita recipe made from yogurt, fresh pineapple and few Indian spices.
This pineapple raita has little bit sweet taste and very little spicy taste. As it is sweeter raita, so recommended to serve it with any spicy biryani or pulao. Or even as a side dish with meal (spicy curry w/ flatbread like paratha). It will balance out your
This raita is very cooling and refreshing side dish for any meal. Not only this, any raita recipe has cooling effect to your body. Because raita is made from yogurt. And yogurt has very cooling properties. During the summer, I definitely include any yogurt based dish in our meal everyday.
Whenever I buy pineapple, I have to make this delicious raita for me as I love pineapple in any way. I like to eat this raita as such alone as a afternoon snack. Isn’t it perfect for hot summer afternoon snack? Take out the bowl of it from fridge, take a spoon and enjoy. So cooling and refreshing.
I have cooked the pineapple pieces with sugar. So sugar is absorbed by the pineapple pieces. I did this way because I like little soft and sweet pieces to bite in the raita. But if you like crunchier then add without cooking it.
I have added some toasted walnuts for some crunch. And it gives nice nutty flavor to the raita. If you don’t like then you can skip it. Or instead of walnuts, you can add chopped almonds.
Check out more Raita recipes
Pomegranate raita // Bhindi raita // Palak raita // Carrot raita
How to make pineapple raita recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take chopped pineapple and sugar in a pan.
2) Cook it on medium heat. Sugar will start to melt and bubble up.
3) Cook till pineapples get soft but not mushy (about 4-5 minutes). And it will absorb all the sugar syrup. Let it cool completely.
4) Take yogurt in a bowl and whisk with wire whisk or spoon till smooth
5) Add cooled pineapples and chopped green chilies.
6) Mix it well.
7) Add walnuts, black salt, black pepper powder and salt.
8) Oops forgot to add roasted cumin powder.
9) Mix it well.
10) Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Raita tastes best when served chilled.
Serving suggestion: Serve with spicy rice dish, biryani or pulao like Hyderabadi veg biryani, spicy veg pulao or tawa pulao. Even you can have it as a side dish with your meal (especially when you have spicy curry in your meal.). This tastes good with kashmiri pulao too.
📋 Recipe Card
Pineapple raita recipe
For cooking pineapple:
- ½ cup Pineapple chopped into small pieces
- 1 ½ teaspoons Sugar
For pineapple raita:
- ¾ cups Plain yogurt
- 1 small Green chili finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Black salt (kala namak)
- ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ cup Walnuts toasted and chopped finely, optional
- Take chopped pineapple and sugar in a pan.
- Cook it on medium heat. Sugar will start to melt and bubble up.
- Cook till pineapples get soft but not mushy (about 4-5 minutes). And it will absorb all the sugar syrup.
- Let it cool completely.
Making pineapple raita recipe:
- Take yogurt in a bowl and whisk with wire whisk or spoon till smooth
- Add cooled pineapples and chopped green chilies. Mix it well.
- Add walnuts, black salt, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt. Mix it well.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Abraham Cheruiyot Kemboi
Thanks for your recipe they are so delicious it as help me to qualify for interview wherever I go.
Glad that you liked