Gobi manchurian gravy recipe
Gobi manchurian gravy recipe - batter coated cauliflower florets are deep frying and added into indian chinese gravy.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 2 servings
For gobi manchurian recipe:
- 1 ½ cups Cauliflower (gobi) florets
- 4 cups Water for cooking florets
- 3 tablespoons All purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 tablespoons Corn flour (corn starch)
- Salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- ½ teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- 4-5 tablespoons Water for making batter
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour (corn starch)
- ½ cup Water to add into cornstarch to make slurry
- 1 tablespoons Oil
- 2 teaspoons Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Celery chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Spring onion (green onion or scallion) White part, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup Water for gravy
- 1 ½ teaspoons White distilled vinegar
- ¼ cup Spring onion (green onion or scallion) Green stalk, chopped
Cooking and frying the gobi:
Bring around 4 cup of water to rolling boil on medium-high heat. Add big pinch of salt. Once it starts boiling, add cauliflower florets. Cook for 2-3 minutes only.
Immediately drain the excess water and keep the florets into colander.
Let the excess water drain out.
For making batter, take all purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic paste.
Make smooth batter by adding about 4-5 tablespoons of water.
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep frying.
Once oil is hot, dip the florets into the batter and add into the hot oil. Fry in batches.
Keep moving and turning till they get golden brown and crispy from all around.
Drain the excess oil using slotted spatula and remove it to paper towel lined plate.
Repeat the frying process for rest.
Making gobi manchurian gravy recipe:
To make cornstarch slurry, dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornstarch into ½ cup of water. Keep it aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium heat.
Once hot add chopped ginger, garlic, green chili and celery. Saute for a minute.
Now add spring onions’ white part and cook for one minute.
Add salt, pepper and red chili flakes. Stir well to combine.
Add soy sauce and sugar.
Also add water to make gravy and bring it to a boil.
Now stir the cornstarch slurry first then add to the gravy.
Let it come to a boil and simmer for few minutes or till it thicken as per you liking consistency. Now add fried gobi and spring onion greens. Mix well and turn off the stove.
Lastly add vinegar and stir.
Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.1g | Protein: 4.9g | Fat: 35.1g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 789mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 3.8g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 56.1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings