Veg manchow soup recipe
This is one of the most popular soup recipes from Indo-chinese cuisine.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour (corn starch) dissolved in ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Spring onion (green onion or scallion) White part, chopped finely
- 1 ½ teaspoons Ginger chopped finely
- 1 ½ teaspoons Garlic chopped finely
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Celery chopped finely
- ¼ cup Cabbage chopped finely
- ¼ cup Carrot chopped finely
- ¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) chopped finely
- ¼ cup Green beans (French beans) chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- 2 cups Vegetable stock or water
- 2-3 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon White distilled vinegar
- ½ cup Fried noodles
- Spring onion (green onion or scallion) Green stalks, chopped finely for garnishing
First we need to make fried noodles which will go on top as a garnishing at the end.
This needs to be pre-planned, as boiled noodles will require some time to dry-out.
Then deep fried in the oil. You can find the recipe for fried noodles link below.
So while the noodles are drying, make the soup. While soup is simmering, fry the noodles.
Now make cornstarch slurry. Take cornstarch in a small bowl.
Make smooth paste by adding ¼ cup of water. Keep it aside till needed.
Also prep all the veggies and rest of the ingredients.
Making veg manchow soup recipe:
Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
Once hot add chopped ginger, garlic, green chili, celery and green onions. Saute for about 2 minutes.
Then add all chopped veggies. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Now add salt and pepper, stir well.
Add vegetable stock or water. Let it come to a boil.
Once it starts boiling, let it simmer for 2 minutes.
Then add cornstarch mixture. Before adding it into soup, do stir once.
Mix well and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes or till soup thickens slightly.
Now add soy sauce and vinegar. Mix well and cook for a minute only.
Then turn off the stove.
Remove the soup in individual serving bowl. Add fried noodles.
Lastly garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.6g | Protein: 2.2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1629mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 5.7g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings