Vegetable fried rice recipe (Veg fried rice)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 3 Servings
- 3 cups Cooked rice loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- 1 Green chilies chopped finely, optional
- ⅓ cup Onion finely chopped
- 10-12 or ½ cup Green beans (French beans) finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrot finely chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) finely chopped
- ½ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Spring onion (green onion or scallion) White part, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Spring onion (green onion or scallion) Green stalks, for garnishing
First cook the rice. Approximately ¾ cup of raw rice will give you 3 cups of cooked rice.
Let the rice cool down a little bit. Fluff up the rice and make sure that there are no lumps of cooked rice.
Also chop all the veggies.
Making vegetable fried rice recipe:
Heat the sesame oil in a pan or wok on medium-high heat.
Once hot add chopped ginger, garlic and green chili. Saute for a minute.
Then add chopped onions. Cook till they becomes translucent.
Then add rest of the vegetables. Mix well and cook with stirring frequently as we are cooking it on medium-high heat.
Cook for 2-3 minutes, they will start to soften.
Add steamed rice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Lastly add soy sauce and mix gently till incorporated well.
Remove it to a serving bowl. garnish with chopped greens of spring onion.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 48.2g | Protein: 5.5g | Fat: 5.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3.7g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings