Kadai mushroom recipe (How to make kadai mushroom masala)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 2 Servings
Dry roast and grind the masala:
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya)
- 4 Dried red chilies broken and seeds, stem removed
For kadai mushroom masala:
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- 1 ½ cups Tomato finely chopped
- 8 oz or 200-250 grams or 2 cups Mushrooms rinse, wipe and chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) cubed, green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tablespoons Heavy whipping cream
- few Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
Making kadai masala:
Dry roast the coriander seeds and dried chilies on medium heat. Keep stirring constantly.
Remove it to a plate or bowl and let it cool completely.
Once cooled, grind into a powder using spice grinder or coffee grinder.
Making kadai mushroom recipe:
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
Once hot add chopped onions. Sprinkle some salt and cook till onions becomes soft and translucent.
Mix in the garlic paste. saute for a minute.
Add freshly ground masala. Mix and cook for one minute.
add chopped tomatoes and remaining salt. Mix and let it cook.
Once it starts to soften, keep mashing the tomatoes with back of the spatula. As it cooks, all the moisture will evaporates. it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
Add capsicum and mushrooms. Mix and let it cook
As mushroom cooks, it leaves its water. Continue cooking, water will evaporate. mushrooms will get soft and tender.
Add garam masala and kasoori methi and stir.
Mix in chopped cilantro leaves.
Finally add cream. Mix well,
turn off the stove
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings