Rajgira Kadhi Recipe (Farali Kadhi for Vrat)
Rajgira kadhi recipe or farali kadhi for vrat or fasting. This kadhi is easy and quick to make (requires only 15 minutes). Tastes too good with sabudana khichdi.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt (Dahi or Curd)
- 1 tablespoon Rajgira ka atta (Amaranth flour)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Peanuts crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ghee (clarified butter) or Peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Green chilies chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- few sprigs Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
Making Farali Rajgira Kadhi Recipe:
Take yogurt in a bowl. add rajgira flour and salt. Whisk them well, so there are no lumps of flour.
Add water to it and mix well.
Heat the oil or ghee in a pan on medium heat.
Once hot add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle.
Then add chopped green chilies and ginger paste. Cook them for 30 seconds.
Then add the yogurt mixture and mix immediately, so yogurt will not curdle.
Add crushed peanuts. Mix well.
Let it come to a boil. Then simmer it for 7-8 minutes till kadhi thickens. Keep stirring every 2 minutes.
Switch off the stove
Finally, garnish it with chopped cilantro.
- You can adjust the green chilies quantity as per your taste.
- If you do not want to bite into chili pieces then you can just slit it into two pieces and add in the recipe.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.4g | Protein: 9.7g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.9g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 9.3g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings