Aloo gobi matar curry
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 2 servings
To grind into paste -
- 1 medium or 1 cup Onion roughly chopped
- 2 medium or 1 ½ cups Tomato roughly chopped
- ½ inch Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 small Green chilies
For aloo gobi matar recipe -
- 2 cups Cauliflower (gobi) separated into small florets
- 1 medium or 1 cup Potatoes cubed, should be same size of cauliflower florets
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon Amchur powder (Dried mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 ½ cups Water adjust as per your liking gravy consistency
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
Roughly chop onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and green chilies.
Make smooth paste using grinder or blender.
Making aloo gobi matar recipe:
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
Then add bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Sauté for 30 seconds.
Add onion-tomato paste and mix. Cook till all the water evaporates and becomes thick paste.
Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
Then add 1 ½ cups of water and mix.
Add cauliflower florets, potatoes and peas. Mix well. Cover the pan.
Cook till potatoes and cauliflower get cooked. Do stir twice or trice in between and make sure that it is not sticking to the pan. If it dries out then add splash of water as needed.
Then add garam masala, amchur powder and kasoori methi. Mix well and simmer for 1-2 minute.
Turn off the stove and finally garnish it with chopped cilantro.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.6g | Protein: 7.7g | Fat: 15.3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 1199mg | Fiber: 10.1g | Sugar: 11.8g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings