Paneer do pyaza recipe (Restaurant style)
Paneer do pyaza recipe (or do piaza)- a Mughlai dish gets a North Indian twist by adding tomatoes to make it restaurant style. Here soft paneer cubes and sauteed onions are coated with semi-dry gravy.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 4 oz or 115 grams Paneer cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium or 1 ¼ cups Onion cut into big chunks and separated
- 1 medium or 1 cup Onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- 1 medium or ¾ cup Tomato chopped
- 2 medium or 1 ¼ cups Tomato pureed
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Heavy whipping cream or fresh cream or malai
Making paneer do pyaza recipe:
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add 1 ¼ cups cubed onion and let it cook till it gets translucent or light pink. Keep them little crunchy, do not overcook.
Remove it to another plate and keep it aside till needed.
Now heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the same pan on medium heat.
Once hot add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle. Add cardamoms and sauté for 30 seconds.
Then add 1 cup of sliced onion and mix. Let it cook till it gets soft, translucent.
Then add ginger paste and garlic paste. Mix and let it cook for a minute
Then add chopped and pureed tomatoes.
Add salt and spice powders. Mix well.
Let it cook till all the moisture is evaporated and oil starts to leaves from the sides.
Then add garam masala and mix well.
Add paneer and cooked onions. Mix it very gently so paneer cubes do not break.
Add a ½ cup of water and heavy cream.
Mix it and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Turn off the stove, paneer do pyaza is ready to serve.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.3g | Protein: 12.7g | Fat: 28.3g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 617mg | Potassium: 691mg | Fiber: 5.7g | Sugar: 10.4g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings