Onion pakoda recipe (Kanda bhaji recipe)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 medium or 1 ⅓ cups Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- 4-5 Curry leaves chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds) ajwain
- ⅓ to ½ cup Besan (gram flour)
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- Oil for frying
Making onion pakoda recipe:
Take all the pakoda ingredients except oil in a bowl.
Mix very well So all the flour and masala coat the all sliced onions.
Leave it aside for 20 minutes. By this time onion will start to leave its water. flour mixture will get wet.
Heat the oil in the pan on medium heat for deep frying.
Once oil is hot, add spoonful of pakoda mixture.
Fry it till it becomes golden brown on both sides.
Then remove it on paper towel lined plate. And serve hot.
Calories: 624kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.8g | Protein: 5.6g | Fat: 56.6g | Saturated Fat: 7.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 5.1g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings