Aloo palak sabzi recipe
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
For aloo palak sabzi:
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 medium or 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ginger finely chopped or paste
- ½ teaspoon Garlic finely chopped or paste
- 2 medium or 2 cups Potatoes peeled and cubed
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2 cups Spinach (Palak) washed, chopped and tightly packed
- ⅓ cup Tomato chopped
Making aloo palak sabzi recipe:
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
Then add chopped onions, sprinkle little salt. Cook till onions get soft and translucent.
Then add chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic. Mix and saute for a minute.
Mix in cubed potatoes. Add remaining salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
Mix well, cover the pan and cook. Do stir in between to make sure that it is not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Cook till potatoes are 95% cooked. check by breaking a piece of potato.
Add chopped spinach and tomatoes.
Mix, again cover and cook till potatoes are 100% done. By that time spinach are wilted and tomatoes will be little soft (not mushy).
Turn off the stove and serve.