Gobi Manchurian Recipe (How to make Gobi Manchurian Dry Recipe)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 servings
For gobi manchurian recipe:
- 1 ½ cups Cauliflower (gobi) florets
- 4 cups Water for cooking florets
- 3 tablespoons All purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 tablespoons Corn flour (corn starch)
- Salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- ½ teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- 4-5 tablespoons Water for making batter
- Oil for deep frying
For the sauce:
- ¼ teaspoon Corn flour (corn starch)
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Ginger finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic finely chopped
- 1-2 Green chilies finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon White distilled vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon Spring onion (green onion or scallion) , Green stalk, chopped
Cooking and Frying the Gobi florets:
Separate the cauliflower florets into bite size pieces and rinse well.
Bring around 4 cup of water to rolling boil on medium-high heat. Add big pinch of salt.
Once it starts boiling, add florets and cook for 2-3 minutes only.
Immediately drain the excess water and keep the florets into colander. Let the excess water drain out.
To make batter, take all purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic paste.
Add 4-5 tablespoons of water and make smooth batter.
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep frying.
Once oil is hot, dip the florets into the batter and add into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan, fry in batches.
Keep moving and turning till they get golden brown and crispy from all around.
Once fried, drain the excess oil using slotted spatula and remove it to paper towel lined plate.
Repeat the frying process for rest.
Making Gobi Manchurian recipe:
To prepare the corn flour mixture, take corn flour in a small bowl.
Add 2 tablespoons of water and make lump free mixture. Keep it aside.
Now heat the sesame oil in a pan on medium heat.
Once hot add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute them for 1 minute, do not brown the garlic.
Now add chopped onions and mix. Cook till they are soft and translucent or light pink. Again do not brown the onions, just soften them.
Now add ketchup, soy sauce and chilli sauce. Mix well.
Add salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
Also add prepared corn starch mixture.
Stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes or till you get the thick sauce. Now turn off the stove and let the sauce cool for 1-2 minutes.
Then add fried gobi florets. Toss well so all the sauce is coated evenly.
Now add vinegar and spring onion greens.
Stir well and it is ready to serve.
Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.1g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 50.6g | Saturated Fat: 6.7g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1142mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5.3g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings