Maah Chole Ki Dal Recipe (How to make maah chole di dal recipe)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 3 servings
For maah chole di dal recipe:
- ½ cup Urad dal (split, with skin)
- ¼ cup Chana dal (Split bengal gram)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Butter (makhan)
- 1 ½ cups Water for pressure cooking
- ½ to 1 cup Water to add later for right dal consistency
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves finely chopped
For tempering (tadka):
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (Clarified butter)
- ½ teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- ¼ cup Onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
Making Maah Chole ki Dal Recipe:
Combine and wash both dals and soak for 30 minutes.
Then discard the water and take into pressure cooker along with salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, butter and 1 ½ cups of water.
Pressure cook it for 5-6 whistles on medium heat or till soft. Then mash slightly using back of spoon of spatula.
Add remaining water to get right consistency and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add onion, ginger, garlic and green chili, cook till soft and light pink in color.
Then add tomatoes and cook till soft.
Now mix in red chili powder and cook for a minute.
Add this tempering to the dal and mix.
Lastly add chopped coriander and mint leaves. Turn off the stove.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.1g | Protein: 4.8g | Fat: 13.1g | Saturated Fat: 6.9g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 1g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings