Veg Kofta Curry Recipe (Restaurant Style Mixed Vegetable Kofta Curry)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 servings
For 2 different Pastes:
- 2 medium or 2 cups Onion roughly chopped
- 2 Green chili chopped
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- ½ cup Water
- 4 large or 3 cups Tomato roughly chopped
Ingredients for Veg Kofta Curry Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Black cardamom
- 4 Green cardamoms
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 ½ teaspoons Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Water to make gravy consistency
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 teaspoons Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) crush between your palm before adding
- ⅓ cup Heavy whipping cream or fresh cream or malai
- 2 tablespoons Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 10-12 Cashew nuts halved
- 10-12 Almonds halved
For Veg koftas:
- ¾ cup Carrot chopped
- ½ cup Green peas
- ½ cup Potatoes peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup Cauliflower (gobi) cut into florets
- ½ cup Green beans (French beans) chopped
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- 5 tablespoons Besan (gram flour) more or less as required
- Oil for deep frying
For koftas, steam pressure cook the vegetable for 2 whistles on medium heat. Or you can cook them in microwave or steam them in steamer. Let them cool down.
Meantime, take onion, ginger, garlic and green chili along with little water in a grinder and make smooth paste. Remove it to a bowl and keep it aside.
In the same grinder, make tomato puree and keep it aside.
Making Veg Kofta Curry Recipe:
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, black and green cardamom. Saute for a minute.
Then add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
Now add onion paste and cook till it becomes thick paste and no more smells raw.
Then mix in tomato puree and cook till it becomes thick paste and leave the sides of the pan. Do stir in between and make sure that it is not sticking to the pan.
Now mix in salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder, cook for a minute.
Then add water to make gravy and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Then add garam masala and kasoori methi, mix well.
Lastly add cream and bring to a single boil and turn off the stove.
Making Vegetable Koftas:
Take cooked vegetables in a bowl and mash them roughly.
Add remaining ingredients and mix to make sticky yet not too soft mixture.
Grease your palm and shape into 12 equal sized balls.
Fry them into hot oil till they are golden brown slightly crisp from all the sides.
Remove it to a plate.
At the time of serving:
Reheat the gravy and add koftas in it.
Heat the ghee in a small tadka pan and fry almonds, cashews in it till they are light golden brown in color.
Immediately pour into the veg kofta curry and serve.
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 49.8g | Saturated Fat: 10.4g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 913mg | Fiber: 7.4g | Sugar: 10.4g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings