Instant Pot Aloo Matar Recipe (10 Minutes Potato Peas Curry in IP)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 small or 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Green peas
- 1 cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) crush between your palm before adding
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
Making Instant Pot Aloo Matar Recipe:
Turn on the IP with saute mode, add oil. Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle a bit.
Then add tomatoes, ginger and green chili. Cook till tomatoes are soft and now press cancel to turn off the saute mode.
Now mix in salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
Add potato cubes, peas and water.
Cover with lid, keep the vent to sealing position and cook for 4 minutes on Manual mode high pressure.
Once done do QPR, once pin drops open the lid.
Add garam masala and kasoori methi. Mix and mash few potatoes with back of spatula to thicken the gravy.
Lastly garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.6g | Protein: 7.9g | Fat: 15.3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 636mg | Potassium: 1095mg | Fiber: 9.5g | Sugar: 8.5g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3.6mg
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings