Bedmi Aloo Recipe (Bedmi Puri with Aloo ki Sabzi)
Bedmi Aloo Recipe - spicy, delicious potato curry served with bedmi puri.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 3 servings
- 2 large or 2 ¼ cups Potatoes boiled, peeled and smashed into big chunks
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya) roughly crushed
- ½ teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 Dried red chilies
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 2 medium or 1 cup Tomato pureed
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Amchur powder (dried mango powder)
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or Coriander leaves
Boil the potatoes in the pressure cook till soft.
When cool to touch peel them and roughly smash them into big chunks.
Puree the chopped tomatoes into grinder and keep it aside.
Making Bedmi Aloo Recipe:
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and dried chili.
Saute for a minute and then add green chilies, cook for a minute.
Mix in tomato puree and cook till it becomes thick and oil starts to release from the sides.
Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix, cook for a minute.
Add mashed potatoes and water. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Mix in amchur and garam masala powder.
Turn off the stove and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.6g | Protein: 4.2g | Fat: 14.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 841mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3.5g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings