Bread Roll Recipe (How to make Bread Rolls with Potato Stuffing)
Bread Roll Recipe with potato stuffing - great snack or appetizer which is crispy from the outside.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 bread rolls
For Bread Roll Recipe:
- 6 slices Bread preferably a day or two old
- 1 cups Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup Green peas boiled or steamed or microwaved
- 1 tablespoon Oil + more for drying
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice or to taste
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
Then add ginger paste and chopped green chili, saute for few seconds or till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes away.
Add turmeric powder and immediately add boiled, mashed potatoes and boiled peas. Mix well.
Next mix in salt and all the spice powders. Cook for few minutes.
Lastly add cilantro and lemon juice, mix.
Remove it to a plate and let it cool down.
Once cooled, divide into 6 equal portions and shape into roll.
Making bread roll recipe with potato stuffing:
Take bread slices and remove the edges.
Take some water in a wide bowl, take one bread and dip into the water to dampen it.
Then squeeze out all the water without ruining the shape of bread slice.
Now place one potato roll and close the edges to seal and shape into roll.
Repeat the same process to shape all bread rolls.
Heat the oil in a pan for frying on medium heat. Once hot slide few bread rolls into the hot oil and fry till they are golden brown from all the sides.
Remove it using slotted spatula and put them on paper towel lined plate.
Serve hot with chutney and ketchup.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.5g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 18.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.4g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 0.9g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings