US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 servings
For fajeto recipe:
- ¼ cup Mango pulp or puree or 2-3 mango seeds with some mango meat around them
- 1 ½ to 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Plain yogurt (dahi or curd)
- 1 tablespoon Besan (gram flour)
- Salt - to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- 1 small Green chili finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons Ghee (clarified butter) or Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Cloves
- ½ inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Dried red chilies
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- a pinch or ⅛ teaspoon Hing (Asafoetida)
Making ras no fajeto recipe:
Take yogurt in the saucepan. In that add besan, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger paste and chopped green chilies.
Mix well and make sure that there are no lumps.
Now in another bowl, take mango seeds. NOTE: skip adding seeds and only add mango pulp. In short you will need around ¼ cup of pulp.
Add water to it. With your clean hands, squeeze it and remove all the pulp.
Add that water along with seeds in yogurt mixture. Stir well.
Heat this mixture on medium heat. Do stir constantly while it is getting heated up.
Let it simmer with stirring occasionally for around 12-13 minutes.
If it gets too thick then you can add splash of water.
Heat the ghee in a small pan on another stove.
Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle a bit.
Now add cloves, cinnamon stick and dried red chili and cook for 30-40 seconds.
Then add curry leaves and hing.
Immediately add this tadka to the simmering fajeto.
Mix well and turn off the stove.
Now remove and discard the seeds.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings