Tofu bhurji recipe (Scrambled tofu)
Tofu bhurji recipe - This is Indian spiced scrambled tofu recipe. Perfect for filling breakfast.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 3 servings
- 175 grams or 1 cup Tofu (Firm or extra firm) drained, rinsed and crumbled
- 1 tablespoons Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- ¼ cup Spring onion (green onion or scallion) chopped
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated
- 1 medium or ½ cup Tomato chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
First drained the tofu from its liquid. Then rinse under cold water.
Take that in a paper towel lined plate. Using another towel, press on top and pat it. Towel will absorb the moisture.
Then cover it with another paper towel. Put another plate on top and put some weight on.
Keep it like this for 15-20 minutes. If needed change the towel and make sure the moisture is absorbed.
Crumble the tofu using your hand.
Making tofu bhurji recipe:
Now heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
Once hot add cumin seeds, let them sizzle.
Then add chopped onion and green onion. Mix well, sprinkle some salt.
Cook till they are soft and translucent.
Now add green chili, ginger paste and garlic paste. Mix well and saute for a minute
Now add tomatoes. Mix and cook till they get soft and mushy.
Now add capsicum. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Now add remaining salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well and cook for a minute.
Now add crumbled tofu. Mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Turn off the stove.
Lastly add coriander leaves and lemon juice, mix and serve.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.6g | Protein: 6.1g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 3.3g | Vitamin A: 17% | Vitamin C: 75% | Calcium: 14% | Iron: 12%
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings