Kaju Curry Recipe (Kaju Butter Masala, Restaurant style)
This restaurant style kaju curry is very rich, creamy and dam delicious. Make this kaju butter masala at home and wow your guests or family members.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 3 Servings
For roasting cashews:
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 cup Cashew nuts Halved or whole
For onion paste:
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1 large or 1 ½ cups Onion chopped roughly
- ½ inch Ginger chopped roughly
- 2 small Green chilies chopped roughly
For kaju curry recipe:
- 3 medium or 1 ⅓ cups Tomatoes pureed
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 ½ Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- ¼ cup Heavy whipping cream or fresh cream or malai Malai
- ½ cup Water More or less depending on your liking gravy consistency
- ¼ cup Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and roast the cashews in it.
Roast them with string continuously till it becomes nice golden brown. remove it to a plate and keep aside.
In the same pan, heat another 1 teaspoon of oil on medium heat, add chopped onion, ginger and green chilies.
Saute them till onion becomes translucent and let it cool down a bit.
Then grind into smooth paste.
Also make smooth puree of tomato.
Making kaju curry recipe:
Now in the same pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and butter on medium heat.
Once the butter starts to melt, add whole spices. Saute for about 30 seconds.
Then add onion paste, salt and mix.
Cook till all the moisture goes away and it starts to leave the sides of the pan in about 7-8 minutes.
Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and kasoori methi and cook for a minute.
Mix in tomato puree and continue cooking till oil starts to ooze out from the sides and all the moisture evaporates.
Then add enough water to make a gravy consistency and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Add cashews and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Mix heavy cream and chopped cilantro
Stir it in and turn off the stove.
Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.2g | Protein: 9.2g | Fat: 42.2g | Saturated Fat: 12.6g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 860mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 7.8g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3.6mg
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings