Special occasion or Festivals should be celebrated with this restaurant style kaju curry recipe. Make this creamy, rich, delicious kaju butter masala at home and get exact hotel style taste.
Two kinds of restaurant style cashew curry
kajumasala recipe – it has onion, tomato gravy with the addition of heavy cream, butter, and spices.
kaju– It has white, very rich gravy made from onion, yogurt, whole spices, andkhoya or mawa.
What gives the Kaju Curry rich and creamy texture?
- First, gravy is cooked in the butter (of course the name of the dish is
- Second, the
additionof heavy cream (malai) at the end.
How to make Kaju Curry Recipe?
1) Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and roast the cashews in it.
3) In the same pan, heat another 1 teaspoon of oil on medium heat.
5) Once it gets cooled, grind into smooth paste.
7) Now the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and butter on medium heat. O
8) Once the butter starts to melt, add bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick.
9) Then add onion paste, mix very well.
11) Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and kasoori methi.
13) Add tomato puree.
15) Cook till oil starts to ooze out from the sides and all the moisture evaporates.
17) Add heavy cream.
19) Finally, add lots of chopped cilantro.
Make in your kitchen and let me know how you like it in the comments below.
What to serve with kaju butter masala?
- Serve with paratha or garlic naan or jeera rice.
- Serve sliced onion with lemon wedges and salted lassi on the
sideto complete the meal.
Tips of making PERFECT Kaju Masala Recipe:
- Always use good quality, fresh cashew nuts. The taste of the entire dish mainly depends on the nuts. If used stale or rancid ones then it will ruin the taste and all your efforts. So taste few cashew nuts before adding to the gravy, if they taste bad (means nuts went rancid).
- Lots of chopped cilantro or coriander leaves added at the end of the process. It gives really good flavors to the dish. It also gives a
vibrantand fresh look to the curry. So please do not skip it.
- For a variation, cut down the
amountof cashews and add some paneer cubes. And you will have kajupaneer masala ready.
Kaju Curry Recipe (Kaju Butter Masala, Restaurant style)
For roasting cashews:
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 cup Cashew nuts Halved or whole
For onion paste:
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1 large or 1 ½ cups Red onion chopped roughly
- ½ inch Ginger chopped roughly
- 2 small Green chilies chopped roughly
For kaju curry recipe:
- 3 medium or 1 ⅓ cups Tomatoes pureed
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 ½ Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- ¼ cup Heavy whipping cream or fresh cream or malai Malai
- ½ cup Water More or less depending on your liking gravy consistency
- ¼ cup Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and roast the cashews in it.
- Roast them with string continuously till it becomes nice golden brown. remove it to a plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat another 1 teaspoon of oil on medium heat, add chopped onion, ginger and green chilies.
- Saute them till onion becomes translucent and let it cool down a bit.
- Then grind into smooth paste.
- Also make smooth puree of tomato.
Making kaju curry recipe:
- Now in the same pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and butter on medium heat.
- Once the butter starts to melt, add whole spices. Saute for about 30 seconds.
- Then add onion paste, salt and mix.
- Cook till all the moisture goes away and it starts to leave the sides of the pan in about 7-8 minutes.
- Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and kasoori methi and cook for a minute.
- Mix in tomato puree and continue cooking till oil starts to ooze out from the sides and all the moisture evaporates.
- Then add enough water to make a gravy consistency and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cashews and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix heavy cream and chopped cilantro
- Stir it in and turn off the stove.