Dalia Khichdi Recipe (Masala Vegetable Dalia Khichdi Recipe)
Vegetable dalia khichdi recipe - very healthy, easy to digest, one pot meal made from broken wheat, moong dal, mix of veggies and few basic spices.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- ⅓ cup Dalia (Fada or Broken wheat or Cracked wheat or Bulgur)
- ⅓ cup Yellow moong dal (split and skinless)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Ginger chopped finely (Or use ginger paste)
- ½ cup Tomato chopped
- ½ cup Green peas
- ½ cup Capsicum (green bell pepper) chopped
- ½ cup Carrot chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 ½ cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
Making dalia khichdi recipe:
Wash or rinse the broken wheat and moong dal together.
Heath oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let them crackle.
Now saute in green chili and ginger for 30-40 seconds.
Mix in veggies (tomato, peas, capsicum, carrot) and cook for a minute.
Add salt and spice powders (turmeric, red chili, coriander powder and garam masala), mix very well.
Add water and stir.
Cover the cooker with lid, put the weight on and cook for 4 whistles on medium heat.
Once pressure releases, open the lid.
Add cilantro, mix and serve.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.7g | Protein: 8.5g | Fat: 8.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 9.5g | Sugar: 6.7g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings