Aloo Kathi Roll Recipe (How to make Kati Rolls)
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 rolls
For chapati or paratha:
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta)
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Oil + more for cooking paratha
- Little more than 1/3 cup Water
For kathi roll stuffing:
- 2 small or 1 ½ cup Potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Green chilies chopped finely
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves finely chopped, optional
For veg salad mix:
- 2-3 tablespoons Onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Capsicum (Green bell pepper) sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Carrot grated
- 2-3 tablespoons Cabbage shredded
To make salad topping, mix onion, peppers, carrots and cabbage in a bowl and keep refrigerated
Also prepare the green chutney, you can make a day ahead and store in the fridge.
Making aloo stuffing:
Take dry spice powders in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and mix.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
Then saute in chopped green chilies for a minute.
Now add prepared spice paste and cook for only 15-30 seconds.
Immediately add chopped potatoes with salt and mix. If it is too dry then sprinkle some water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Lastly mix in chopped cilantro and mint leaves.
Turn off the stove.
Mix flour and salt in a bowl followed by oil.
start adding little water at a time and knead into soft, smooth dough. Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
After the resting time, knead once again and divide it into 6 equal portions, flatten out to make disc.
Roll it into 5-6 inch diameter circle.
Heat the tawa or pan on medium heat. Once hot place rolled paratha and cook by applying oil both sides till they have golden brown spots.
Remove it to a plate and repeat the rest of the paratha same way.
Making kathi rolls recipe:
Take one paratha on a plate and spread 2 teaspoons of chutney.
Add warm potato stuffing in the center.
Top with prepared salad and sprinkle chaat masala on top.
Make a roll and keep one side open. Secure the top with toothpick, so it stays intact.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.9g | Protein: 3.5g | Fat: 8.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 637mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 2.9g
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
Please comment below and give ★ ratings