Eggless Mango Cake Recipe – spongy, moist mango cake recipe. Perfect dessert for summer season or for mango lovers.
- 1 ¼ cups All purpose flour (Maida) maida
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Green cardamom seeds powder
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
- 14 oz can or 1 ¼ cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Mango pulp or puree if mangoes are not sweet then add little sugar to sweeten the pulp while grinding the mango pieces
- ½ cup Mango pulp or puree
- 1 tablespoon Powdered sugar (Confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar)
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons Heavy whipping cream (or use half and half or milk) or less just to make the sauce runny consistency
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare the 9 inch round cake pan. grease the pan with butter or oil. Or you can spray it with nonstick cooking spray as well.
- Take dry ingredients (all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cardamom powder) in a bowl.
- Whisk them using wire whisk or sift them if flour has too many lumps.
- In another bowl, take melted butter. Add mango pulp.
- Beat it well. So everything is mixed well.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and beat it again.
- Now add the dry mixture. I have sifted the flour mixture here.
- Mix it till everything gets incorporated. Do not overmix it.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 38-40 minutes or till the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool into the pan for 10 minutes. a
- After that invert it on to the cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- Mix mango pulp, sugar and cream till it gets runny consistency.
- Once cooled slice the cake, drizzle some sauce and serve.
As mangoes are in season, I made this cake last week. This is hubby’s most favorite mango cake. So I make this cake every season.
This mango cake is very spongy, soft and really moist. and mango flavors just pop out with the sweetness. I have added cardamom powder just like we use it in our Indian desserts. But if you don’t like this spice then you can skip it. Check out the tips section below for other variation in flavors.
I have used sweetened condensed milk which gives really nice flavors and sweetness. This works as an egg replacer in the recipe. To make it rich, I have used melted butter here. There is one other mango cake recipe by Vaishali which is made using oil. If you are vegan then check out her recipe. It must be delicious as I have seen many bloggers made her cake. though I haven’t tried it. Because I always make Mango cake with condensed milk just like my eggless chocolate cake and eggless vanilla cake.
To bring out the mango flavor at its best, always use good quality mangoes like alphonso and kesar. Here in USA, I am not getting these types of mangoes, so I have used canned alphonso mango pulp. But my mom made the same cake recipe using fresh pulp in India and it was perfect.
Drizzle of mango sauce on top was just out of the world. I have drizzled it only on one slice of cake while sprinkled powdered sugar on the rest. Because I had planned to serve the cake on next day , so I used sauce right before serving as I didn’t want the cake to be so soggy.
How to make eggless mango cake recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
2) Prepare the 9 inch round cake pan. grease the pan with butter or oil. You can spray it with nonstick cooking spray as well.
3) Take dry ingredients (all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cardamom powder) in a bowl.
4) Whisk them using wire whisk or sift them if flour has too many lumps.
5) In another bowl, take melted butter, add mango pulp.
6) Beat it well. So everything is mixed well.
7) Add sweetened condensed milk.
8) and beat it again.
9) Now add the dry mixture. I have sifted the flour mixture here.
10) Mix it till everything gets incorporated. Do not over mix it.
11) Pour the batter into prepared pan.
12) Bake in pre-heated oven for 38-40 minutes or till the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
13) Let the cake cool into the pan for 10 minutes. after that invert it on to the cooling rack and let it cool completely.
14) While it is cooling make the mango sauce. Mix mango pulp, sugar and cream till it gets runny consistency. Once cooled slice the cake, drizzle some sauce and serve.
Don’t forget to checkout the below ‘notes’ section for different frosting and flavoring ideas.
Serving suggestion: Serve a slice as a dessert. It can be made as a birthday cake or any celebration cake. To make it decorative, frost it with chocolate frosting and it will yummy mango chocolate cake.
I have used already sweetened mango pulp. If you use fresh pulp then add required sugar to just sweeten the pulp while grinding.
If you don’t like cardamom powder then skip it. Here are few alternatives.
- You can add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Or add 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract or essence.
- Try with ½ teaspoon of dry ginger powder. Trust me ginger powder and mango flavors go very well together.
I have made mango sauce here. It is recommended that drizzle the sauce on the cake right before the serving. Otherwise cake may get soggy.
You don’t want to make mango sauce. No worries, here are few suggestions
- make chocolate ganache
- or make chocolate sauce. Chocolate mango cake, I am always in.
- You can frost with buttercream frosting with few drops of coconut extract and sprinkle some sweetened toasted coconut. Mangoes and coconut, the perfect combo.