This is rich, filling and delicious curry with cashews. Gravy of this curry is made from onion-tomato masala and richness comes from heavy cream. This is curry restaurant style curry which taste exactly same as restaurant’s does.
Here’s the handy dandy printable:
- Cashew nuts – ⅔ cup
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped roughly
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped roughly
- Green chilies – 2, chopped roughly
- Tomatoes – 2, chopped roughly
- Butter – 1 ½ tablespoons
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi) – 1 teaspoon
- Heavy whipping cream (Malai) – ¼ cup
- Water – ½ cup (More or less depending on your liking gravy consistency)
- Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped finely (Do not skip)
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cashew nuts and fry till it becomes light brown. Take out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add chopped onions, ginger and green chilies. Sauté it for few minutes till onion becomes translucent.
- Let the onion mixture cool a bit and grind it into a blender into smooth paste. Remove in a bowl and keep aside. In same blender add chopped tomatoes and make smooth puree.
- In the same pan, heat butter. Once hot add bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick. Sauté till you get nice fragrance.
- Then add onion paste. Mix well and sauté it till it becomes golden brown or it leaves the sides of the pan. It will take about 7-8 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and Kasoori methi. Mix well. Sauté it for one minute. Then add pureed tomatoes. Mix well.
- Cook this mixture till it leaves oil or reduces. Then add salt, cream and water. Mix well.
- Let the gravy come to a boil.
- Then add fried cashew nuts and cook for a minute. Add chopped cilantro just before serving. (Please Do not skip chopped cilantro it gives inviting look to the dish.)
- Mix well. Serve hot.