Cup corn recipe or Buttered corn recipe – American sweet corn is mixed with butter, salt and pepper. It is flavored with Chaat masala.
Monsoon season is already started in India. This is the right time when butta and american corns are in season. So I thought of sharing corn recipes on the blog. Though we still have summer going on here in states.
Today I am sharing the basic yet delicious, plain buttered cup corn. The buttery flavors goes perfect with American sweet corns. This is my favorite one, while hubby prefers the spicy version over mild flavors.
In India, There are many stalls that serve buttered cup corn. These stalls are usually in the mall, theater and many public places. They serve many different flavor versions.
How to make buttered cup corn recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) First boil the corn cob. Break the whole corn into two, so it fits into pressure cooker. Take into the cooker with water. There should be enough water, so corn is submerged into the water. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles on medium heat. Turn off the stove, let the pressure go down by itself. Then open the lid. Remove the corn and let it cool to touch.
2) Once it is cool, Remove the corn kernels. You can do it by hand. Or Hold the corn vertically and run the knife near the cob. I prefer the second method.
3) Add butter, salt, pepper, chaat masala. Also squeeze the lemon juice.
4) Mix everything well. Make sure the butter is coated evenly to the kernels.
Remove it to a serving bowl.
Serving suggestion: Serve as a snack any time of the day.
- Here I have used fresh corn. But you can use frozen bag of corn kernels. If so then boil them in the water on stovetop or microwave.
- Or you can use canned corn kernels as well. Just drain the liquid and use them in the recipe.
- In this buttered corn recipe, I have added chaat masala to add some more flavors. Instead of chaat masala you can flavor it up by using herbs like dried or fresh basil or Italian herbs or freshly chopped cilantro or parsley or mint leaves.
- Or skip the flavoring ingredient entirely. Enjoy plain sweet corn just with butter, salt and pepper.
Buttered cup corn recipe
Ingredients for buttered cup corn recipe:
- 1 cup Sweet corn kernels or bhutte ke dane boiled
- 1 tablespoon Butter softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- First boil the corn cob. Take into the cooker with water. Pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles on medium heat.
- Turn off the stove, let the pressure go down by itself. Then open the lid. Remove the corn and let it cool to touch.
- Once it is cool, Remove the kernels. You can do it by hand. Or Hold the corn vertically and run the knife near the cob. I prefer the second method.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, chaat masala. Also squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mix everything well.
- Make sure the butter is coated evenly to the kernels.