Guacamole sandwich recipe – our favorite as we love the flavors and taste of guacamole. I make it whenever I buy the avocados.
Guacamole sandwich recipe
- 1 medium Avocado
- Salt to taste
- crushed black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Onion chopped finely
- ¼ cup Tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
- 2-3 teaspoons Lemon juice I always like extra lemon juice
For guacamole sandwich recipe:
- 8 slices bread
- Butter as needed
- 2 tomato sliced
- 1 Cucumber sliced
- 1 Onion sliced, optional
- cheese optional
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed.
- Cut into pieces, remove it to a bowl using spoon.
- Mash it lightly using fork keeping it little chunky.
- Add rest of the ingredients, mix well.
Making guacamole sandwich recipe:
- First heat the pan (for toast sandwich) or grill pan (for grilled sandwich). You can use toaster or grill machine as well. But I have made on stove top.
- Apply guacamole on one slice of bread, arrange tomato slices and then cucumber slices (also onions if using) on top.
- close the sandwich with another slice of bread.
- You can put the slice of cheese as well to make guacamole grilled cheese sandwich.
- Apply some butter on top of bread and put the buttered side down on the grill pan or machine.
- Apply some butter on other side and flip once bottom is crispy, grilled or toasted. and cook other side as well.
- Remove it to a board and cut in half using sharp knife and serve.
To make perfect guacamole dip, you need to use perfectly ripe avocados. Check out my guacamole dip recipe description to learn how to know your avocado is ripe enough to use in any recipe.
To make the sandwiches I have used tomato slices and cucumber slices. If you like you can use onion slices as well.
Top the guacamole with shredded cheddar cheese or any other cheese slice to make it Guacamole grilled cheese sandwich.
It is very QUICK to make. It will be ready in 25-30 minutes from start to finish. This is the perfect light dinner for us on busy weekday. Sometimes I make this on weekend brunch as well.
How to make guacamole sandwich (Step by Step Recipe with Photos):
1) Start by making guacamole. Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed. To scoop out the from the peel: using the knife, cut into pieces.
2) Now use the spoon to remove these avocado pieces.
3) Remove it to a bowl and do the same with another flash.
4) Using the fork, mash the avocado. Do not over mash it otherwise it becomes paste like. Guacamole should be little chunky.
5) Add salt, pepper, onion, tomato, cilantro and green chili.
6) Add lemon juice.
7) Mix well.
8) When you start making sandwiches, First heat the pan (for toast sandwich) or grill pan (for grilled sandwich). You can use toaster or grill machine as well. But I have made on stove top. Have bread slices ready.
9) Spread guacamole on the one slice of bread. I am making two sandwiches at a time.
10) Arrange the tomato slices.
11) and then cucumber slices.
12) Cover with another slice of bread and apply some butter on it to get nice golden and crispy bread.
13) Place on the heated grill pan buttered side facing down. press it lightly and apply some more butter on top
14) and then flip it and cook on other side till you get nice toasted grill marks.
15) You can make in on regular pan as well. follow the same procedure. Place buttered side down and cook it. Once toasted the bottom side, apply butter on other side and flip and toast it.
16) Bring the toasted or grilled sandwich on the board, slice it in triangle or rectangle using sharp knife and serve.
Serving suggestion: Serve as a breakfast or snack or light meal.