Eggless Mango Cheesecake Recipe - It is no bake, no gelatin, no agar-agar mango cheesecake recipe.
This mango cheesecake has nice dominant flavor of mangoes. It is perfect dessert for mango season. In this hot weather everyone likes cold dessert. It is little time consuming process. But all the effort is worth when you enjoy it with your family.
This is no bake mango cheesecake. Of course no one likes to turn on the oven in this summer season. This vegetarian mango cheesecake recipe made without eggs and gelatin.
For making this eggless mango cheesecake, I have not used cream cheese. As you know that cream cheese is typically used for making any kind of cheesecake. But This time I have used paneer instead. I have made homemade paneer for this recipe.
This is best recipe when you do not have cream cheese in your fridge; paneer does its job perfectly.
To get the slight sour, tangy flavor of cream cheese, I have used thick plain yogurt.
Also I whipped the heavy cream to the stiff peak. Then fold it into the batter. This makes the cheesecake light and airy texture.
For the substitution of any ingredient, Please check out the Notes, Tips section below before asking any question in comments. That will reduce my job and will be easier and quicker for you.
I recommend using those mangoes which does not has strands in it. And of course better the mango, taste of cheesecake will be good. You can use store bought canned mango puree. If the puree is sweetened then reduce the sugar quantity.
This time I have made individual mini mango cheesecake in muffin pan and trifle cups. For the cupcake pan, I lined with cupcake liner for easier removing, no need to spray it with oil. But previously I have made the big 9 inch round cake in springform pan. Below is the old photo of the cheesecake. You can use whatever you have, here I have shown possible different ways of making it.
This recipe has no egg, no gelatin and no agar-agar, thus it will be little soft. But keep in the freezer for 5 minutes right before serving, it will look very firm.
How to make eggless mango cheesecake recipe (Step by step photos):
1) Prepare the pan for cheesecake. If you want to make round big cheesecake then use 9 inch or 6 inch diameter springform pan or tart pan which has removable bottom. Generously grease the pan (bottom and sides) with butter and keep it aside. Or if you want to make individual serving cheesecake then use the muffin pan. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2) Take graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
3) Mix well. You might need to adjust the butter quantity. If crumbs look dry them add more butter.
4) Press crumbs evenly in the bottom of pan. I used the bottom of the glass to press it tight and even. NOTE: here I have used two trifle cups and 5 cupcake liners. And keep in refrigerator to set for about 15-20 minutes till you make filling.
5) Meanwhile Heat the milk in a heavy bottom pan to make paneer on medium heat. Let it come to a boil. Once it boils, turn off the stove.
6) Gradually add lemon juice and stir.
7) It will start to curdle.
8) Once all the milk curdles strain it, separate the paneer and whey using muslin cloth or man’s handkerchief. Rinse it under the cold water.
9) Squeeze out all the water, Keep it aside in the strainer till needed.
10) Take heavy cream in a bowl. Make sure it is chilled.
11) Whip it till you get stiff peak. do not over whip it otherwise it will start to curdle. keep it aside.
12) make smooth puree of mangoes and sugar in the blender.
13) Add paneer and thick yogurt.
14) again blend it till smooth.
15) Remove it to a bowl.
16) Add whipped cream.
17) fold it in.
18) Now remove the prepared crust from the fridge. pour the cheesecake mixture into it.
19) Let it chill for 6-7 hours or overnight in the fridge.
20) Once chilled and set. remove it. peel the liner.
21) gently place it into serving plate using spatula.
This cute looking individual serving is perfect size to serve as a dessert after meal. But if having any time of the day, I would eat two of it because it is so yummy, I can’t stop eating it.
Serving suggestion: Serve as a dessert after your meal. Or you can enjoy it anytime of the day, there are no hard rules for that, right?
- Graham cracker crumbs: You can crush the digestive biscuits or Marie biscuits instead. Any cracker biscuits will work.
- Paneer: I have made fresh, homemade paneer. You can use store bought paneer as well. If so, please use 200 grams for grated or crumbled paneer.
- Heavy whipping cream: You can use ‘Malai’ which you get from top of milk. And if using store bought heavy whipping cream like I did here, make sure that cream has more than 35% fat content. So it gets whipped nicely.
- Many readers are from India. I know that the cream you get in India does not have 35% fat content. But don’t worry, You can use amul whipping cream. It works perfectly fine. I got good review from Indian readers.
- To make whipping job easy, make sure that bowl, whisk attachment and heavy cream are really chilled. So I recommend to keep all three in freezer for 15-20 minutes. If you follow this tip, you will get nice and soft peaks even though it has less fat content.
- In place of heavy whipping cream, you can use store bought 1 cup of nondairy cool whip.
- If you make the 9 inch cheesecake then you will get thin layered cheesecake. If you want the thick layer like we get in bakery. Double the ingredients amount for the cheesecake filling. But the bottom crust ingredients quantity will be same, no changes.
Another similar cheesecake recipe - No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Eggless Mango Cheesecake Recipe (No bake, No gelatin Cheesecake)
For bottom crust:
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs or crushed digestive biscuits
- 2 tablespoons White granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Unsalted butter Melted and cooled
For no bake mango cheesecake recipe:
- 4 ¼ cups Milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 medium Mangoes or 1 cup pureed
- ¼ cup Plain yogurt (dahi or curd) Make sure it is thick, not watery
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar reduce if using store bought sweetened mango puree
- ½ cup Heavy whipping cream or fresh cream or malai
Making the bottom crust:
- Prepare the pan for cheesecake. If you want to make round big cheesecake then use 9 inch or 6 inch diameter springform pan or tart pan which has removable bottom.
- Generously grease the pan (bottom and sides) with butter and keep it aside.
- Or if you want to make individual serving cheesecake then use the muffin pan. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Take graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Mix well.
- Press crumbs evenly in the bottom of pan. I used the bottom of the glass to press it tight and even.
- keep in refrigerator to set for about 15-20 minutes to set.
Making mango cheesecake filling:
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottom pan to make paneer on medium heat.
- Let it come to a boil. Turn off the stove.
- Gradually add lemon juice and stir. It will start to curdle.
- Once all the milk curdles strain it. separate the paneer and whey using muslin cloth or man’s handkerchief. Rinse it under the cold water.
- Squeeze out all the water, Keep it aside in the strainer till needed.
- Take heavy cream in a bowl. Make sure it is chilled.
- Whip it till you get stiff peak. keep it aside.
- make smooth puree of mangoes and sugar in the blender.
- Add paneer and thick yogurt. again blend it till smooth. Remove it to a bowl.
- Add whipped cream. fold it in.
- Now remove the prepared crust from the fridge. pour the cheesecake mixture into it.
- Let it chill for 6-7 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Once chilled and set. remove it. peel the liner.
- gently place it into serving plate using spatula.