This one has all the chaat flavors, combination of all the taste, crunch, everything in it. You won’t miss the chaat feeling at all. Trust me.
As you know that oats are rich in fiber and has many health benefits. You should include in your diet on regular basis.
Recently, I have been using oats in Indian cooking rather than having them only in breakfast oatmeal.
I got the idea of making this recipe from Nita Mehta's cookbook.
As it is healthy recipe, it is good for your family and specially for kids who loves chatpata style street food.
Step By Step Photo Instructions:
1) Dry roast the oats on medium heat till it is light brown and toasted. Remove it to a bowl or plate to cool completely.
3) Right before serving mix oats and cornflakes in a big bowl.
4) Add chickpeas, potato, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, green chilies, black pepper powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
5) Add yogurt.
6) Mix well.
7) Take some in a serving plate, drizzle some coriander chutney and tamarind date chutney.
8) Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
For a variation,
- You can add or skip any veggies in the recipe. E.g. add onion, raw mango, capsicum, grated carrot.
- Instead of chickpeas, you can add kala chana, sprouted green moong, lobia etc.
- You can add roasted peanuts in it.
Serving suggestion: enjoy as a snack whenever craving for any bhel, chaat item.
Did you try this oats chaat recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a review in the comment section below.
📋 Recipe Card
- ¾ cup Instant oats
- 1 cup Corn Flakes cereal
- ¾ cup Boiled chickpeas (chole or kabuli chana) ¼ cup of dried chickpeas will give you ¾ cup boiled
- 1 medium or ½ cup Potatoes boiled and cubed
- ½ cup Cucumber chopped
- 1 small or ½ cup Tomato chopped
- 1 Green chilies chopped finely
- few sprigs Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- 6 tablespoons Green coriander chutney as required
- 6 tablespoons Meethi chutney (Tamarind date chutney) as required
- Pomegranate arils few for garnishing, optional
- Dry roast the oats on medium heat till it is light brown and toasted.
- Remove it to a bowl or plate to cool completely.
- While it is cooling, mix yogurt and black salt. Keep it aside till needed.
- Also make green chutney and tamarind date chutney.
- Right before serving mix oats and cornflakes in a big bowl.
- Add chickpeas, potato, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, green chilies, black pepper powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add yogurt. Mix well.
- Take some in a serving plate, drizzle some coriander chutney and tamarind date chutney.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.