रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Paneer Masala Recipe – A different method of making paneer curry or gravy. Usual ‘bhuno’ technique is not used here, so it is QUICK to make. The gravy is made from onion-tomato-yogurt and some spices.
The method or procedure of making this paneer masala gravy is different than usual paneer gravy. Usually we saute the onion-tomato puree till oil leaves from the sides. This method is called ‘Bhuno’. This requires too much cooking time. But for this recipe, no bhuno technique is used. Hence, it is quick to make.
Even though we are not sauteing the onion-tomato puree, the flavors and taste of the gravy is still delicious. Trust me. Try this quick paneer masala once, I am sure you will love this.
In the bhuno method, we saute the tomato puree for long time, so gravy usually gets the concentrated flavors of tomato. But here to get that similar flavors we are adding tiny amount of tomato ketchup. It works like a charm.
To thicken the gravy, cornstarch slurry is added. Because of this slurry, you won’t have the runny watery part in your plate separating from the gravy.
The spices used are regular and usual. No fancy ingredients needed.
As usual heavy cream aka malai is added at the end just like any other paneer dish to make it rich and creamy.
Check out more paneer curry /Gravy recipes
How to make Paneer Masala recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add black cardamom. Saute for a minute, you will get nice aroma of it.
2) Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chili. Sprinkle some salt on it to speed up the process.
3) Mix well and cook.
4) Cook till onions get translucent.
5) Add chopped tomatoes.
6) Mix and cook till tomatoes are soft and slightly mushy.
7) Add plain yogurt.
8) Mix immediately and cook a minute. Turn off the stove. Let the mixture cool down a bit. Then Make smooth puree into blender or grinder.
9) Pour the prepared puree back into the pan.
10) Add water to make the gravy consistency. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
11) While it is simmering, Prepare the corn flour slurry. In a small bowl, mix corn flour and water. Add it to the gravy. and stir well.
12) Add remaining salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder and garam masala.
13) Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
14) Add ketchup and mix.
15) Mix in paneer cubes.
16) Add crushed kasoori methi and stir.
17) Add heavy whipping cream.
18) Mix well. Turn off the stove.
19) Lastly add chopped cilantro leaves.
20) Mix well
and paneer masala curry is ready to serve.
Serving suggestion: Serve paneer curry with naan, paratha, kulcha or tandoori roti. Serve some sliced onion, lemon wedges and salted lassi on side. It can be served with plain rice or jeera rice as well.
- 1 tablespoons Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 medium or ¾ cup Onion roughly chopped
- ½ inch Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- 1 Green chili
- Salt to taste
- 2 large or 1 ½ cups Tomato roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Plain yogurt
- 7 oz or 200 grams Paneer cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Corn flour (corn starch) dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed to make gravy consistency
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 teaspoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) lightly crushed between your palm
- 3-4 tablespoons Heavy whipping cream or fresh cream or malai Malai
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add black cardamom. Saute for a minute.
Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chili. Sprinkle some salt and cook till onions are soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Mix and cook till tomatoes are soft and slightly mushy.
- Add plain yogurt. Mix immediately and cook a minute. Turn off the stove.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit. Then Make smooth puree into blender or grinder.
- Pour the prepared puree back into the pan.
- Add water to make the gravy consistency. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- While it is simmering, Prepare the corn flour slurry. In a small bowl, mix corn flour and water. Add it to the gravy. and stir well.
- Add remaining salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add ketchup and mix.
- Mix in paneer cubes.
- Add crushed kasoori methi and stir.
- Add heavy whipping cream. Mix well.
- Turn off the stove. Lastly add chopped cilantro leaves.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving