This delicious bang bang sauce is creamy, sweet and spicy. It gets ready in less than 5 minutes using 4 ingredients, a bowl and a whisk.
It is the perfect sauce to dip or drizzle over veggies, appetizers, (and seafood, meat if you’re eating). Using this sauce I have made air fryer bang bang cauliflower recipe.
❤️About This Recipe
There is a famous appetizer bang bang shrimp from Bonefish Grill where crispy deep-fried shrimp are coated with this bang bang sauce.
But this super delicious bang bang sauce is not limited to seafood or meat. It pairs well with grilled or fried veggies, smear over the sandwich or burger. Dip your potato wedges in this sauce, too good.
- Quick & Easy: Just add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. This will take just a couple of minutes.
- 4 ingredients only: All of them are easily available - mayo, thai sweet chili sauce, sriracha and honey.
- Taste & Texture: It has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy taste with creamy, smooth and shiny texture.
- Adjustable spice level: Want to make it less spicy? Just mix mayo and thai sweet chili sauce. Taste and see if you need any sriracha as per your preferred spice level.
- Mayonnaise: Because this site shares only egg-free recipes, I have used vegan mayonnaise here. You should use regular mayo if you don’t care about eggs.
- Thai sweet chili sauce: I recommend using this brand - Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce. This gives the same extract flavor as Bonefish Grill’s bang bang shrimp sauce. It is easily available in any grocery store like Walmart, Target or shop online on amazon.
- Though you can use any brand of sweet chili sauce, the flavor may differ slightly.
- Sriracha: It adds a little more heat to the sauce. Adjust the amount or skip if you prefer less spicy. However, you can use any hot sauce of your choice.
- Honey: It is optional. But it adds a little more sweetness to the sauce.
🎥Watch The Recipe Video
👩🍳Step By Step Photo Instructions
- Add the ingredients one by one in a bowl.
- Whisk it until everything is combined and silky smooth.
Consistency of the sauce: It should be the drizzle consistency (not too thick or not too watery). Depending on the type of mayo you have used, you may need to add a little water to adjust the consistency. So start with 1-2 teaspoons and add more if needed. Here I have not used any water.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 weeks. Since this bang bang sauce recipe is super easy and quick, I recommend making the required amount as needed instead of storing it for longer.
🍽 Serving Ideas
- If you’re eating seafood and meat then it is perfect for any fried chicken, wings, nuggets, seafood, etc.
- Drizzle over grilled, fried or air-fried veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, asparagus, etc.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for air fryer zucchini chips, potato wedges, onion rings
- Smear it over your burger, wrap or sandwiches.
- Dip your fried, crispy tofu or paneer in this delicious sauce.
- My favorite is a perfect dipping sauce for veg momos.
Check Out Other Quick Sauce Recipes
Did you try this bang bang sauce recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.
📋 Recipe Card
Bang Bang Sauce
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce Notes1
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha Notes2
- 1 teaspoon Honey Optional
- Measure and add ingredients one by one into a bowl.
- Whisk it until everything is well combined and the sauce becomes silky smooth.
- I recommend using this brand - Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce. This gives the same extract flavor as Bonefish Grill’s bang bang shrimp sauce.
- Adjust the amount of sriracha or skip it if you prefer less spicy.
Leave a Reply