Boondi raita recipe – quick and easy to make just like any other raita recipe.
This boondi raita is very very quick to make. Just mix all the ingredients and raita is ready. No chopping is required except the coriander leaves. Other use of boondi in savories – make masala boondi or dahi boondi chaat. Add into pani puri or jaljeera.
For those who are not familiar with boondi. It is made from besan aka gram flour. a thin batter is made from gram flour and then deep fried into hot oil in form of small tiny balls. For making this you need special utensils. I have made it at home while making the boondi ladoo.
Here I have used store bought one. Just because making it at home is little messy and time consuming task. So when it comes to the savory dishes, I buy them. But for the sweets, we need fresh and unsalted one, I make at home.
How to make boondi raita recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take yogurt in a bowl.
2) Whisk it till you get smooth consistency.
3) Add boondi, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, black salt, salt and black pepper powder.
4) Mix well.
5) Lastly add chopped coriander leaves.
6) Mix well and it is ready to serve.
How do you prefer the texture?
1. If you like the crispy boondi, make the raita right before serving. Most important to use the chilled yogurt. As soon as you make it, it should go to the dinner table. Meaning serve right away.
2. If you like the soft, melt in your mouth kind texture, then make the raita about half an hour before the serving. Chill or keep in the refrigerator. By this time boondi will get soft and get slightly bigger in size.
Boondi raita recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 ½ cups Plain yogurt
- ½ cup Boondi
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
Making boondi raita recipe:
- Take yogurt in a bowl.
- Whisk it till you get smooth consistency.
- Add boondi, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, black salt, salt and black pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and it is ready to serve.