Masala Boondi or Boondi chaat recipe – Boondi are mixed with onion, tomato, spices and lemon juice.
Masala boondi or Boondi chaat is very very easy to make. Even a 10 year old can make this. It is really simple to make but let me tell you it taste very delicious. You will surprise that only few ingredients can make this snack so flavorful.
First time I had this masala boondi in sankalp restaurant as an appetizer. After that I and my husband always order it when we go to this restaurant. My husband loves it more than I do. Then I thought I should try to re-create it at home only for him. And then on one Sunday I served homemade version of masala boondi as evening snack. He said it tastes exactly same as Sankalp restaurant does. After that I keep making and enjoying it.
First I thought I should not post this simple recipe. Then my husband suggested that yes you should post it because it is easy to make but taste heavenly delicious.
- Boondi – Use spicy masala boondi (not plain), I have used store bought ‘Haldiram’s Boondi Masala’ packet one. It is already seasoned with salt and some spices. Please if you find that then use it. Otherwise you can use plain boondi, but add some spices like red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, black salt and salt.
- If raw or green mangoes are in season. add couple of tablespoons of finely chopped raw mangoes. This gives the unique and different taste to the dish.
How to make masala boondi recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take boondi, onion, tomato, cilantro, green chilies, chaat masala. (I have not added salt because my boondi is already salted.)
2) Mix well and then add lemon juice and mix. Lemon juice is must it takes the dish to the whole new level. Serve immediately.
Here is close up look. Is your mouth watering? I know the answer is yes. Then buy some boondi in your next grocery trip and make it. Or if you have boondi in your pantry then make it right away. I am sure you will love it.
Always keep in mind that, this boondi chaat should be served immediately after making it. If you keep it for long time then boondi will get soggy and it won’t be crunchy. And it won’t taste good at all.
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy it as a snack.
Masala boondi recipe (Boondi chaat recipe)
- 3 cups Boondi
- ¾ cup Onion finely chopped
- ¾ cup Tomato finely chopped
- 1 Green chilies finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste optional
- Take boondi, onion, tomato, cilantro, green chilies, chaat masala.
- (I have not added salt because my boondi is already salted.)
- Mix well and then add lemon juice and mix.
- Serve immediately.